El's Extreme Anglin' - World of Warcraft Fishing Guide
A Guide to Fishing in the World of Warcraft
New to fishing? Confused about where to fish? Looking for definitive answers? This guide is for you!
Getting Started－ For new anglers. Basics and skill.
Training－ Teaches you how to level your fishing skill.
Equipment－ Gear to help you fish. Poles, clothing, lures, and addons.
Pools and Schools－ Pool fishing, locations and spawning.
Valuable Fish－ The most valuable fish, and how to catch them. Buff food to battle pets.
Quests－ Quests for anglers.
Achievements－ Achievements that involve fishing.
Activities－ Stranglethorn Extravaganza, Dalaran, Tillers, Garrison.
Fish Finder－ Where to catch fish.
Advanced Topics－ Detailed catching guides, analysis of fishing mechanics, and expansion/patch changes.
Forums－ Discussion about fishing in World of Warcraft.
Scribe? You may also enjoy El's Inscription.
El's Anglin' has been updated for Warlords of Draenor:
- Quickstart: 10 Things to Know about WoD Fishing
- Methods: Draenor Fishing in general, Bait and Fillet, Size and Skill
- Fish: Catches in general, Fish Finder zones and additions
- Training 1-700: Fast with Gold, with Cooking, or with First Aid
- Garrison: Garrison Fishing, Draenor Angler achievement, Lunkers/Nat Pagle
- 11 November 2014
Only minor changes are expected to fishing in patch 6.0.2:
- Stats on cooked buff food are squished. Bugs causing Cataclysm dishes to provide better buffs than MoP will be "corrected shortly".
- Thruk's Fishing Rod, a new +3 skill pole, drops from Thruk in Blackfathom Deeps.
- Impeccably Sharp Tooth becomes a level 100 item and moves to Draenor, so is unavailable for the next month.
Please let us know of any other fishing changes in 6.0.2.
- 14 October 2014