This chapter contains detailed guides to catching specific fish, analysis of fishing mechanics, and previews of expansion and patch changes. Topics are:
Catching Specific Fish
- Catching Deviate Fish - How to catch Deviate Fish, which may be cooked to make Savory Deviate Delight.
- Fishing Pool of Fire (Volatile Fire) - Explains how to fish Pool of Fire for Volatile Fire.
- Fishing Pure Water - How to fish pools of Pure Water in Nagrand for Mote of Water, which combine to make Primal Water.
- Catching Stonescale Eels - Answers the question, where is the best place to catch a Stonescale Eel?
- Catching Winter Squid - Explains the best place and time to catch Winter Squid.
Fishing Mechanics and Analysis
- Gazetteer - This topic develops a simple gazetteer that shows which fish may be caught in which zones.
- Pool Appearance - Examines how pools of fish appear, and suggests some basic rules and timings.
- Pool Contents - Describes the contents of pools and trunks found in Azeroth.
- Variation by Time - Explores how catch rates for fish vary by time of day.
- The Role of Skill (Revised) - Considers the role skill plays in fishing, including how skill changes the proportion of junk items caught.
- Darkmoon Skill Tiers - Describes how personal fishing skill determines the set of fish you may catch from open water around Darkmoon Island.
- Zone Base Fishing Skill - Detailed analysis that attempts to answer the question, what fishing skill will I need to fish in a certain zone?
Changes: Mists of Pandaria
- Mists of Pandaria Essentials - Short guide to everything you really need to know about fishing in Mists of Pandaria.
- Mists of Pandaria Fishing - Describes general aspects of fishing in Mists of Pandaria, including training, equipment and achievements.
- Mists of Pandaria Catches - Describes Mists of Pandaria's fish catches, and where to catch them.
- Mists of Pandaria Cooking - Describes Mists of Pandaria's fish-based cooked food, cooking specializations (Ways), and Ironpaw Tokens. Also covers friendship with Nomi.
- Tillers Farming - Guide to cultivating your Tillers farm, Sunsong Ranch. Also contains information about gaining reputation with the Tillers, including friendship with individual members of the Tillers.
- Patch 5.2 - Describes changes to fishing and farming in patch 5.2.
- Cataclysm Fishing - Introduction to fishing changes in the Cataclysm.
- Cataclysm Catches - Lists new fish caught in Cataclysm, including cooked dishes, alchemy and supplies, and catch rates.
- Cataclysm Old Azeroth Changes - Describes how the Cataclysm changes the waters of Old Azeroth.
- Cataclysm Frequently Asked Questions - Answers common questions about fishing in Cataclysm.
Changes: Wrath of the Lich King
- Wrath of the Lich King Essentials - Short guide to everything you really need to know about fishing in Wrath of the Lich King.
- Introduction to Northrend - Explore the continent of Northrend: Locations and how to get there.
- Wrath of the Lich King Fishing Changes - Overview of changes to fishing in Wrath of the Lich King, including training, locations and equipment.
- Wrath of the Lich King Fish - New fish and catches in WotLK.
- Wrath of the Lich King Pools - New and changed pools/schools in WotLK.
- Dalaran Fishing - Complete guide to fishing in Dalaran. Including Giant Sewer Rats, Rusty Prison Keys and fountain coins.
- Dalaran Cooking Quests - How to complete the Dalaran daily cooking quests.
- 3.1 Changes - Patch 3.1's changes to fishing, including new fishing poles and Wintergrasp.
Changes: The Burning Crusade
- The Burning Crusade - Fishing changes in the first expansion.
- Faster Fishing with Patch 2.1.0 - Summarises and clarifies the changes to fishing speed with patch 2.1.
- 2.3 Changes - Patch 2.3's changes to fishing, including the pool Tracking Journal.
- 2.4 Changes - Patch 2.4's changes to fishing, including daily quests and Isle of Quel'Danas.
Archive articles are not currently accurate. These articles normally describe fishing activity that is no longer possible. Or in some cases, never was...
- Aquarium - Previews the Aquarium in Cataclysm. 1 April 2010.
- Catching Djakar - How to catch Djakar, the rare fish rumoured to be caught before one can gain the key to the Black Temple. 1 April 2007.
- The Deadliest Catch - Guide to fishing up the Hydra in Zul'Gurub. This achievement is impossible to complete since the Cataclysm.
- Fishing Elemental Water - How to fish Patches of Elemental Water, formerly found in Azshara. These pools disappeared during the Cataclysm.
- Kalu'ak Fishing Derby - When and where the Kalu'ak Fishing Derby takes places, what you have to do to compete, and what rewards you can gain. This contest ceased at the start of Mists of Pandaria.
- Kalu'ak Fishing Derby Strategy - Discusses preparation and strategies for winning the Kalu'ak Fishing Derby. This contest ceased at the start of Mists of Pandaria.
- Random Catches - Uses data gathered from the daily fishing quests to explain the random nature of fish catches. Pre-patch 3.0 analysis.
- The Role of Skill (Original) - Considers the role skill plays in fishing. Pre-patch 3.1 analysis.