This page summarises how to catch the fish needed to cook Banquet of the Pot.
About Banquet of the Pot
- Feast, feeds 10, Requires level 90 to eat.
- Restores: 200,000 health, 200,000 mana, over 20 seconds.
- Buffs: 250 class/role-specific primary stat, 275 if Intelligence, 375 if Stamina, for 60 minutes.
- Value: Auction: 15g
- Recipe: Trained by Mei Mei Ironpaw at Halfhill Market. Requires level 85 and Way of the Pot to train.
Cooking Skill (Pot) Orange Yellow Green Grey 575 (5⇑) 600 600 600
- History: Mists of Pandaria: New dish.
Catching Fish to Cook Banquet of the Pot
- Ingredients (cooks 5 dishes):
- 100 Year Soy Sauce - Sold by Nam Ironpaw at Halfhill Market, for 1 Ironpaw Token each.
- Juicycrunch Carrot (50) - Grown on Tillers Farms. Also sold by Nam Ironpaw in sacks of 25, for 1 Ironpaw Token.
- Mushan Ribs (10) - Drop from Mushan in Pandaria. Mushan can found across Valley of the Four Winds and southern Kun-Lai Summit. Also sold by Nam Ironpaw in sacks of 5, for 1 Ironpaw Token.
- Reef Octopus (10)
|Water||Areas||No-Junk Skill||% of Catch|
|Large Swarm of Migrated Reef Octopus||Fish of the Day: The Jade Forest (Coastal) (Sri-La Village)||1||95%|
|Reef Octopus Swarm||Coastal: Dread Wastes (Coastal), Isle of Giants, Isle of the Thunder King, The Jade Forest (Coastal), Krasarang Wilds, Kun-Lai Summit (Coastal), Townlong Steppes (Coastal)||1||95%|
|Open Water||Coastal: Dread Wastes (Coastal), Isle of Giants, Isle of the Thunder King, The Jade Forest (Coastal), Krasarang Wilds, Kun-Lai Summit (Coastal), Townlong Steppes (Coastal), Valley of the Four Winds||700||30%|
- Valuable Fish - Details the most valuable fish, and how to catch them.
- Mists of Pandaria Cooking - Describes Mists of Pandaria's fish-based cooked food, cooking specializations (Ways), and Ironpaw Tokens. Also covers friendship with Nomi.
- Tillers Farming - Guide to cultivating your Tillers farm, Sunsong Ranch. Also contains information about gaining reputation with the Tillers, including friendship with individual members of the Tillers.
Comments about Banquet of the Pot
Below are readers' comments about "Banquet of the Pot":
soyzan, June 2012:
Trying to lvl the way of the pot in Mop beta.
According to this site the banquet of the pot should be green til 600, however its grey at 598. Has anyone found a way around this?
el, June 2012:
The issue with skill-up numbers is a user interface bug. The feasts did go grey at 600, green at 598 and 599 - otherwise one could never reach 600, since grey recipes never grant skillups. However the professions user interface has been horribly broken, and prone to show gibberish.
That said, based on game data, not yet possible to check in-game, in the latest patch the 575-skill feasts now remain orange until 600, removing your problem.
Originally, the most effective method was to level 550 to 554 using the 530-skill recipe, which then meant the feast remained orange for 5 points from 594 to 599, leaving only the last point as grey. This post explains the problem.
jorgea, June 2012:
Thanks for this thorough explain