This page summarises how to catch Big-mouth Clam.
About Big-mouth Clam
- Contents: Zesty Clam Meat, Rarely also Black Pearl, Golden Pearl, Iridescent Pearl, Small Lustrous Pearl
- Use (uncooked): Pearls are used by Blacksmiths, Enchanters, Jewelcrafters and Leatherworkers.
- Value (uncooked): Vendor: 46c - Contents worth more.
- Clamlette Magnifique:
- Undermine Clam Chowder:
Catching Big-mouth Clam
- Time: Cannot be caught 00:00-06:00, except in the highest no-junk skill waters.
- Commentary: All Big-mouth Clams contain Zesty Clam Meat, but few contain pearls. Less than 1 in 100 will contain a Golden Pearl: On average, almost 1000 catches per Golden Pearl.
- Achievements: The Oceanographer: Catch 30 different saltwater (coastal) fish (and loot 1 more): Algaefin Rockfish, Big-mouth Clam, Borean Man O' War, Darkclaw Lobster, Darkshore Grouper, Darkwater Clam, Deep Sea Monsterbelly, Deepsea Sagefish, Fathom Eel, Firefin Snapper, Giant Sunfish, Imperial Manta Ray, Jaggal Clam, Large Raw Mightfish, Moonglow Cuttlefish, Murglesnout, Oily Blackmouth, Pygmy Suckerfish, Raw Glossy Mightfish, Raw Rainbow Fin Albacore, Raw Redgill, Raw Rockscale Cod, Raw Slitherskin Mackerel, Raw Spotted Yellowtail, Raw Summer Bass, Raw Sunscale Salmon, Raw Whitescale Salmon, Rockfin Grouper, Stonescale Eel and Winter Squid. Also requires Abyssal Clam to be looted.
|Water||Areas||No-Junk Skill||Catch Rate||Common Catch|
|% of Catch||Sample|
|Open Water||Coastal: The Cape of Stranglethorn (Jaguero Isle)||225||0-12% ||2848||Raw Spotted Yellowtail|
|Open Water||300||0-12% ||2848||Raw Spotted Yellowtail|
|Open Water||Coastal: Blasted Lands (Coastal), Swamp of Sorrows||425||6-12% ||2848|
-  Best catch rate 12:00-18:00
-  Best catch rate 00:00-06:00
- Variation by Time - Explores how catch rates for fish vary by time of day.
There are no comments on this yet. If you would like to comment, start a new topic on the forums: Either use the page's name (Big-mouth Clam) as the topic title, or tag the topic with that name. Comments take a few minutes to appear here.