About Darkwater Clam
- Contents: Succulent Clam Meat, Rarely Northsea Pearl, Siren's Tear
- Use (uncooked): Northsea Pearls and Siren's Tear are used in several tailoring patterns, including epic quality flying carpets. They are also used in a few jewelcrafting designs.
- Value (uncooked): Vendor: 2s - Contents worth more.
- Bad Clams:
- Dalaran Clam Chowder:
- Requires level 70 to eat.
- Restores: Health and mana over 30 seconds.
- Buffs: 60 Attack Power, 35 Spell Power, 30 Stamina, for 60 minutes.
- Recipe: Cooking trainers outside Pandaria.
- Ingredients: Succulent Clam Meat (2).
Catching Darkwater Clam
- Achievements: The Oceanographer: Catch 30 different saltwater (coastal) fish (and loot 1 more): Algaefin Rockfish, Big-mouth Clam, Borean Man O' War, Darkclaw Lobster, Darkshore Grouper, Darkwater Clam, Deep Sea Monsterbelly, Deepsea Sagefish, Fathom Eel, Firefin Snapper, Giant Sunfish, Imperial Manta Ray, Jaggal Clam, Large Raw Mightfish, Moonglow Cuttlefish, Murglesnout, Oily Blackmouth, Pygmy Suckerfish, Raw Glossy Mightfish, Raw Rainbow Fin Albacore, Raw Redgill, Raw Rockscale Cod, Raw Slitherskin Mackerel, Raw Spotted Yellowtail, Raw Summer Bass, Raw Sunscale Salmon, Raw Whitescale Salmon, Rockfin Grouper, Stonescale Eel and Winter Squid. Also requires Abyssal Clam to be looted.
|Water||Areas||No-Junk Skill||Catch Rate||Common Catch|
|% of Catch||Sample|
|Open Water||Named Coastal: Borean Tundra, Dragonblight, Grizzly Hills, Howling Fjord||475||10%||849||Rockfin Grouper|
|Open Water||550||10%||849||Rockfin Grouper|
- Wrath of the Lich King - Fishing changes in Wrath of the Lich King, the second expansion to World of Warcraft.
Comments about Darkwater Clam
Below are readers' comments about "Darkwater Clam":
Christhina, November 2008:
Hi all, have been having a good time fishing some areas of Northrend I can reach at this time, and hope you're all enjoying the same!
I've come across an interesting stat food I'd like to start farming - Dalaran Clam Chowder. This requires Succulent Clam Meat.
Now, in doing some fishing around, I've caught a few of these right by the Unu'pe Flight Point in Borean Tundra. These clams always drop a single clam meat, as does any other clam we come across in game.
However, I see no mention in the WotLK section regarding this catch, or where it's best to catch these clams.
I'm hoping some others may share their information here, as this stat food is quite good for a Paladin, and I suspect some other classes as well!
For rough numbers, a 10 minute fish at Unu'pe yielded:
5 x Borean Man o' War
6 x Darkwater Clam
19 x Rockfin Grouper (may have that name wrong, is late and I am tired)
Would appreciate any further information anyone else is able to shed!
Cheers all, and good hunt... errr... fishing! ;-)
Christhina, November 2008:
Thanks a bunch El!
Interesting drop rate, at 10%, these will take some effort to obtain, and presumably be highly sought after & treasured by those that can benefit well from them :-)
Cheers, and keep up the excellent work on the site!
GormanGhaste, November 2008:
This isn't fishing, but these also drop off of murlocs in the borean tundra.
Dante757, November 2008:
If you've made it to Sholazar yet a good way to get clams is to ally with the Frenzyheart. When you do the daily to kill big-tongues you can slaughter them by the boatfull. They drop the clams quite frequently. I had over 30 clams from one daily (and I stopped when I completed the quest, you can keep killing for as long as you want!!). Inside I got about 4-5 Northsea Pearls which I sold for a couple hundred gold as well.
Christhina, December 2008:
Thank you SO much for that very valuable piece of information! Very good to know there are other, "side-line" opportunities to increase stocks of this very nice meat (fish?) :-)
As a quick question, is that daily still repeatable after hitting exalted with the Frenzyhearts, do you know? If not, I believe it's not a big deal to reverse-grind to Oracles and swing back again, but it'd be great to not have to bother doing that (assuming one were to use this daily as an additional source of the required Clam Meat) :-)
Cheers all again, and good fishing!