This page summarises how to catch Deep Sea Monsterbelly.
About Deep Sea Monsterbelly
- Value (uncooked): Vendor: 8c
Catching Deep Sea Monsterbelly
- Notes: The Frozen Sea surrounds the southern half of the continent of Northrend.
- Commentary: Deep Sea Monsterbelly School should be the most efficient way to catch these fish. I recommend you fish pools in the deep water off the south-east coast of Borean Tundra. A few schools can also be found in the deep water off the south-east side of Howling Fjord and off the southern coast of Dragonblight (near the Path of Titans), but not enough to sustain fishing. In a few cases, it is not possible to jump out of the water onto nearby ice - you will need to use water walking, or flight.
- Achievements: The Oceanographer: Catch 30 different saltwater (coastal) fish (and loot 1 more): Algaefin Rockfish, Big-mouth Clam, Borean Man O' War, Darkclaw Lobster, Darkshore Grouper, Darkwater Clam, Deep Sea Monsterbelly, Deepsea Sagefish, Fathom Eel, Firefin Snapper, Giant Sunfish, Imperial Manta Ray, Jaggal Clam, Large Raw Mightfish, Moonglow Cuttlefish, Murglesnout, Oily Blackmouth, Pygmy Suckerfish, Raw Glossy Mightfish, Raw Rainbow Fin Albacore, Raw Redgill, Raw Rockscale Cod, Raw Slitherskin Mackerel, Raw Spotted Yellowtail, Raw Summer Bass, Raw Sunscale Salmon, Raw Whitescale Salmon, Rockfin Grouper, Stonescale Eel and Winter Squid. Also requires Abyssal Clam to be looted.
- History: Wrath of the Lich King: First caught.
|Water||Areas||No-Junk Skill||Catch Rate||Common Catch|
|% of Catch||Sample|
|Deep Sea Monsterbelly School||Coastal: The Frozen Sea||1||90%||1045|
|Open Water||Coastal: The Frozen Sea||575||20%||193||Rockfin Grouper|
Images and Maps
- Wrath of the Lich King - Fishing changes in Wrath of the Lich King, the second expansion to World of Warcraft.
Comments about Deep Sea Monsterbelly
Below are readers' comments about "Deep Sea Monsterbelly":
Balazar, April 2009:
Just thought I'd mention, while out doing the fishing daily today, discovered a deep sea monsterbelly school in Dragonblight. It was located just off the southern tip of the remains of the Giant's Causeway that extend out into the Frozen Sea.
Balazar, April 2009:
Right, I should be clear that it was in the Frozen Sea, so technically not Dragonblight. Just didn't see it mentioned in the discussion on those pools.
Barthol, April 2009:
I know the place, it is where I have been going for the Severed Arm for the fishing daily because it is basically a simple flight directly south from Dalaran. The coordinates are 50.2 71.0 and it is on the Dragonsblight side of the last pillar, you can stand on the base of that pillar to fish the pool.
Tessie, April 2009:
My level 68 Druid is fishing in two Deep Sea Monsterbelly schools in Howling Fjord, near 85, 91.
Millay, May 2009:
There is a pool out there, but i have found that even when the pool disperses, you can still fish up the monster bellies.
thrasykles, November 2009:
there are more of these, off the coast in western howling fjord. around 14/53