This page shows where to find Deep Sea Monsterbelly School, and what fish can be caught.
Deep Sea Monsterbelly School Catches
- Water: Coastal: The Frozen Sea. Many are found in the deep water off the south-east coast of Borean Tundra, alongside Deep Sea Monsterbelly School. A few Deep Sea Monsterbelly School can also be found in the deep water off the south-east side of Howling Fjord, and off the southern coast of Dragonblight (near the Path of Titans).
- Notes: Each pool contains 3, 4, or 5 catches.
- Commentary: Without a flying mount, anglers can jump from the sea and stand on nearby ice. In some cases this is very difficult because the surface of the ice is too high above the waterline: It may be quicker to avoid certain pools, unless you have a flying mount.
- Achievements: Northrend Angler: Catch a fish in each of the specific pools: Borean Man O' War School, Deep Sea Monsterbelly School, Dragonfin Angelfish School, Fangtooth Herring School, Glacial Salmon School, Glassfin Minnow School, Imperial Manta Ray School, Moonglow Cuttlefish School, Musselback Sculpin School and Nettlefish School.
|Areas||Fish||Catch Rate||Notes||Other Catches|
|% of Catch||Sample|
|Coastal: The Frozen Sea||Deep Sea Monsterbelly||90%||1045||-||-|
|Pygmy Suckerfish||65%||Caught alongside another fish (total catch rate will add up to more than 100%)|
Images and Maps
- Pools and Schools - Describes how to fish pools such as schools or floating debris, where to find pools, and how to efficiently fish them.
- Wrath of the Lich King - Fishing changes in Wrath of the Lich King, the second expansion to World of Warcraft.
- Achievements - Describes achievements that involve fishing.
Comments about Deep Sea Monsterbelly School
Below are readers' comments about "Deep Sea Monsterbelly School":
Balazar, April 2009:
Just thought I'd mention, while out doing the fishing daily today, discovered a deep sea monsterbelly school in Dragonblight. It was located just off the southern tip of the remains of the Giant's Causeway that extend out into the Frozen Sea.
Balazar, April 2009:
Right, I should be clear that it was in the Frozen Sea, so technically not Dragonblight. Just didn't see it mentioned in the discussion on those pools.
Barthol, April 2009:
I know the place, it is where I have been going for the Severed Arm for the fishing daily because it is basically a simple flight directly south from Dalaran. The coordinates are 50.2 71.0 and it is on the Dragonsblight side of the last pillar, you can stand on the base of that pillar to fish the pool.
Tessie, April 2009:
My level 68 Druid is fishing in two Deep Sea Monsterbelly schools in Howling Fjord, near 85, 91.
Millay, May 2009:
There is a pool out there, but i have found that even when the pool disperses, you can still fish up the monster bellies.
thrasykles, November 2009:
there are more of these, off the coast in western howling fjord. around 14/53