This page summarises how to catch Deviate Fish.
About Deviate Fish
- Eat me!
- Use (uncooked):
- Eaten Raw: Gives either spirit (+5 for 30 minutes), health (an instant heal or rejuvenation over time), reductions in Stamina and Strength for 2 minutes, 30 seconds of sleep, or random dancing and waving for 2 minutes.
- Alchemy: Elixir of Giant Growth.
- Value (uncooked):
- Vendor: 4c
- Auction: 8g
Catching Deviate Fish
- Notes: Can only be caught from the waters of three oases in Northern Barrens (The Forgotten Pools, Lushwater Oasis and The Stagnant Oasis), School of Deviate Fish in the same waters, or the waters of The Wailing Caverns (both the approach tunnel and dungeon).
- Commentary: 30% of the catch from open water will be Deviate Fish. There is no clear difference in catch rate between the oases in Northern Barrens and The Wailing Caverns. School of Deviate Fish reappear quickly, but force the fisherman or woman to continually move between oases. Overall, pool fishing will give the greatest catch, unless you are unmounted, competing against many other people who are fishing pools, or likely to be attacked. The Wailing Caverns are the safest location to fish by those above level 30.
- Guide: Catching Deviate Fish - How to catch Deviate Fish, which may be cooked to make Savory Deviate Delight.
- Achievements: The Limnologist: Catch 42 different freshwater (inland) fish: Albino Cavefish, Barbed Gill Trout, Barrelhead Goby, Blackbelly Mudfish, Bloodfin Catfish, Bonescale Snapper, Crescent-Tail Skullfish, Deviate Fish, Dragonfin Angelfish, Fangtooth Herring, Felblood Snapper, Figluster's Mudfish, Fountain Goldfish, Furious Crawdad, Giant Darkwater Clam, Glacial Salmon, Glassfin Minnow, Golden Darter, Goldenscale Vendorfish, Highland Guppy, Huge Spotted Feltail, Icefin Bluefish, Lavascale Catfish, Mountain Trout, Musselback Sculpin, Nettlefish, Raw Brilliant Smallfish, Raw Bristle Whisker Catfish, Raw Greater Sagefish, Raw Loch Frenzy, Raw Longjaw Mud Snapper, Raw Mithril Head Trout, Raw Nightfin Snapper, Raw Sagefish, Sewer Carp, Sharptooth, Shimmering Minnow, Sickly Looking Fish, Slippery Eel, Spotted Feltail, Striped Lurker and Zangarian Sporefish.
|Water||Areas||No-Junk Skill||Catch Rate||Common Catch|
|% of Catch||Sample|
|School of Deviate Fish||Inland: Northern Barrens (Oasis)||1||90%||221||Deviate Fish|
|Open Water||Inland: The Wailing Caverns||75||30%||2025|
|Open Water||Inland: Northern Barrens (Oasis)||100||30%||2025|
Images and Maps
- Pools and Schools - Describes how to fish pools such as schools or floating debris, where to find pools, and how to efficiently fish them.
- Catching Deviate Fish - How to catch Deviate Fish, which may be cooked to make Savory Deviate Delight.
Comments about Deviate Fish
Below are readers' comments about "Deviate Fish":
Dossku, June 2011:
Hi all, jut thought I would offer a tip. The two lakes in front of Wailing Caverns ( one large one small ) seems to always have at least one School in it. This can help increase your productivity and profits.