Where to catch Dojani Eel.
About Dojani Eel
Catching Dojani Eel
Notes:The Dojani River flows through the eastern half of the zone, due north of the Anglers Wharf. With the quest on you log, about 30% of the open water catch will be Wolf Piranha. Cannot be caught from water zoned as Thunder Cleft. Cannot be caught from pools.
Commentary:When first catching a Dojani Eel one briefy experiences an electric shock. Nice touch.
Guide:The Anglers Fishing Quests - Guide to Pandaria's Anglers faction, the quests they offer, and their rewards.
Quest:Shocking!, from Fisherman Haito at the Anglers Wharf in Krasarang Wilds. One of several possible daily quests.
Achievements:Locking Down the Docks: Complete each of the Angler's Wharf dailies.
History:Mists of Pandaria: First caught.
|Water||Areas||No-Junk Skill||Quest Only||Common Catch|
|Open Water||Inland: Krasarang Wilds (Dojani River only)||700||Quest Only||Golden Carp|
- The Anglers Fishing Quests - Guide to Pandaria's Anglers faction, the quests they offer, and their rewards.
Comments about Dojani Eel
Below are readers' comments about "Dojani Eel":
suxbeinme, February 2014
Seems there are a few things that have changed. Some of these may not be new but wanted to post them anyway.
1) Seems Dojani eels can no longer be caught from pools for "Shocking" daily.
2) Catch rates for Dojani eels seem to have been adjusted. Open water rates at around 10%. But if you fish in moving water, such as base of fall rate is upwards of 35%. Confirmed on 3 toons today.
el, February 2014
1. Originally they never could be caught from pools. I'm not sure what's been happening in the interim.
2. I suggest running that test backwards... At issue is that the more attempts you make to catch quest fish from appropriate waters, the higher the probability on each (subsequent) cast. So if you cast 10 times in open water, then 10 times in another area of open water, you'd expect far more Eels from the second area than the first, purely because you went there in that order. It makes any genuine variations rather hard to pin down.
Replyto "Changes as of Feb 25th?".
Comments are posted on the forums. To comment you can reply to the topic above, or start a new topic: Use the page's name (Dojani Eel) as the topic title, or tag the topic with that name. To edit a comment, view the original forum thread (while logged in), and make changes there. New comments or changes take a few minutes to appear here.