This page summarises how to catch Fathom Eel.
About Fathom Eel
- Value (uncooked): Vendor: 3s 75c
- Seafood Magnifique Feast:
- Skewered Eel:
- Requires level 80 to eat.
- Restores: 96,000 health, 96,000 mana, over 30 seconds.
- Buffs: 90 Agility, 90 Stamina, for 60 minutes.
- Recipe: Recipe: Skewered Eel.
- Ingredients: Fathom Eel.
Catching Fathom Eel
- Achievements: The Oceanographer: Catch 30 different saltwater (coastal) fish (and loot 1 more): Algaefin Rockfish, Big-mouth Clam, Borean Man O' War, Darkclaw Lobster, Darkshore Grouper, Darkwater Clam, Deep Sea Monsterbelly, Deepsea Sagefish, Fathom Eel, Firefin Snapper, Giant Sunfish, Imperial Manta Ray, Jaggal Clam, Large Raw Mightfish, Moonglow Cuttlefish, Murglesnout, Oily Blackmouth, Pygmy Suckerfish, Raw Glossy Mightfish, Raw Rainbow Fin Albacore, Raw Redgill, Raw Rockscale Cod, Raw Slitherskin Mackerel, Raw Spotted Yellowtail, Raw Summer Bass, Raw Sunscale Salmon, Raw Whitescale Salmon, Rockfin Grouper, Stonescale Eel and Winter Squid. Also requires Abyssal Clam to be looted.
- History: Cataclysm: First caught.
|Water||Areas||No-Junk Skill||Catch Rate||Common Catch|
|% of Catch||Sample|
|Fathom Eel Swarm||Coastal: Tol Barad, Uldum||1||90%||514||Fathom Eel|
|Open Water||Coastal: Vashj'ir (Unnamed Shimmering)||575||30%||224|
|Open Water||Coastal: Uldum||650||15%||2782|
- Cataclysm Catches - Lists new fish caught in Cataclysm, including cooked dishes, alchemy and supplies, and catch rates.
Comments about Fathom Eel
Below are readers' comments about "Fathom Eel":
Valvaris, July 2011:
This was suggested on Wowhead about a month ago but I just wanted to see if others had observed this as well. Is this no longer fishable in open water?
el, July 2011:
Checked just now, and Fathom Eel can still be caught from open water in Uldum and (unnamed areas of) the Shimmering Expanse.
Znuff, January 2012:
Did anyone see this fish, more like, the Pools, in Uldum anymore?
I've spent 1 hour going up and down the coastal line in Uldum and I haven't encountered a single pool of Eel. I ended up going in Vashj'ir and fish in the open water.
Marlburo, January 2012:
YEah this is a common problem, I'm finding that you have may 3-4 full runs on those pools a day. I'm pretty sure this happens for two reasons. 1) Not a lot of people in the zone anymore 2) No one fishes the Blackbelly Mudfish pools which would also speed up the Eel respawns.