This page summarises how to catch Giant Darkwater Clam.
About Giant Darkwater Clam
- Contents: 3-5 Succulent Clam Meat, Northsea Pearl, Siren's Tear
- Use (uncooked): Northsea Pearls and Siren's Tear are used in several tailoring patterns, including epic quality flying carpets. They are also used in a few jewelcrafting designs.
- Value (uncooked): Vendor: 4s - Contents worth more.
- Bad Clams:
- Dalaran Clam Chowder:
- Requires level 70 to eat.
- Restores: 22,500 health, 19,200 mana, over 30 seconds.
- Buffs: 60 Attack Power, 35 Spell Power, 30 Stamina, for 60 minutes.
- Recipe: Cooking trainers outside Pandaria.
- Ingredients: Succulent Clam Meat (2).
Catching Giant Darkwater Clam
- Achievements: The Limnologist: Catch 42 different freshwater (inland) fish: Albino Cavefish, Barbed Gill Trout, Barrelhead Goby, Blackbelly Mudfish, Bloodfin Catfish, Bonescale Snapper, Crescent-Tail Skullfish, Deviate Fish, Dragonfin Angelfish, Fangtooth Herring, Felblood Snapper, Figluster's Mudfish, Fountain Goldfish, Furious Crawdad, Giant Darkwater Clam, Glacial Salmon, Glassfin Minnow, Golden Darter, Goldenscale Vendorfish, Highland Guppy, Huge Spotted Feltail, Icefin Bluefish, Lavascale Catfish, Mountain Trout, Musselback Sculpin, Nettlefish, Raw Brilliant Smallfish, Raw Bristle Whisker Catfish, Raw Greater Sagefish, Raw Loch Frenzy, Raw Longjaw Mud Snapper, Raw Mithril Head Trout, Raw Nightfin Snapper, Raw Sagefish, Sewer Carp, Sharptooth, Shimmering Minnow, Sickly Looking Fish, Slippery Eel, Spotted Feltail, Striped Lurker and Zangarian Sporefish.
- History: 3.1: First caught.
|Water||Areas||No-Junk Skill||Catch Rate||Common Catch|
|% of Catch||Sample|
|Open Water||Inland: Wintergrasp||525||4%||371|
- 3.1 Changes - Patch 3.1's changes to fishing, including new fishing poles and Wintergrasp.
Comments about Giant Darkwater Clam
Below are readers' comments about "Giant Darkwater Clam":
elvesrashore, April 2009:
Wintergrasp fishing is great! fished for an hour and got enough fish for almost two stacks of fish feast! The only things in the pools are the fish feast fishies, and the giant darkwater clam.... fished up 2-4 per 10 min bobber, and the dropped 1-3 meats per clam, plus 8 northrend pearls and a sirens tear.... just dont fish for 30 min or so on either side of battle time and you will be far more likely to be left alone.... fishing right by your FP is smart, usually clear and it is close to a graveyard, just in case....
Marlburo, April 2009:
I also found it funny/unfair that you can mop up WG marks while just fishing there