This page summarises how to catch Gold Coin.
About Gold Coin
- Binds when caught. Each of these gold coins bares the name of the person that had thrown the coin into Dalaran's fountain. These people are all very famous citizens of Azeroth. Each coin's description reveals what they were thinking at the time.
- Specific Catches:
- Anduin Wrynn's Gold Coin
- Archimonde's Gold Coin
- Arthas' Gold Coin
- Arugal's Gold Coin
- Brann Bronzebeard's Gold Coin
- Chromie's Gold Coin
- Kel'Thuzad's Gold Coin
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore's Gold Coin
- Lady Katrana Prestor's Gold Coin
- Prince Kael'thas Sunstrider's Gold Coin
- Sylvanas Windrunner's Gold Coin
- Teron's Gold Coin
- Thrall's Gold Coin
- Tirion Fordring's Gold Ring
- Uther Lightbringer's Gold Coin
- Use: Throw the coin back into the fountain. You will gain the buff "Lucky" for 2 minutes: "Increased chance to fish up coins in the Dalaran fountain."
- Value: Vendor: 1s 25c
Catching Gold Coin
- Commentary: If you study the history of Azeroth, you may find the wishes on these coins particularly interesting. Here are a few of my favourite wishes: "Arthas, my love, please come back to me." - Lady Jaina Proudmoore. "I wish to know how you survived my wrath, little fountain." - Archimonde. "Just once, I wish someone would greet me without making a stupid joke about gnomes or time travel." - Chromie.
- Guide: Dalaran Fishing - Complete guide to fishing in Dalaran. Including Giant Sewer Rats, Rusty Prison Keys and fountain coins.
- Achievements: There's Gold In That There Fountain: Fish up all the Gold Coins from the Dalaran fountain.
- History: Wrath of the Lich King: First caught.
|Water||Areas||No-Junk Skill||Catch Rate||Common Catch|
|% of Catch||Sample|
|Open Water||Inland: Dalaran (Eventide)||525||6-10% ||817||Fountain Goldfish|
-  Lucky buff increases catch rate
Images and Maps
- Wrath of the Lich King - Fishing changes in Wrath of the Lich King, the second expansion to World of Warcraft.
- Dalaran Fishing - Complete guide to fishing in Dalaran. Including Giant Sewer Rats, Rusty Prison Keys and fountain coins.
- Achievements - Describes achievements that involve fishing.
Comments about Gold Coin
Below are readers' comments about "Gold Coin":
jbhbrook, February 2010:
Just wondering if you have to keep all the coins until you get the achievement or if you can vendor them prior to completion?
Garroch, February 2010:
You can vendor them. Just don't vendor the gold ones! The buff is worth it!
Runne, February 2010:
Nah, sell them all you want. Keep the Gold ones for the buff and use them when it's down. It's a big help in pulling out the higher coins. The Achievement keeps up with them as you get them.
SaltyBlood, February 2010:
Well... Fishing for 3 weeks haha. AND. So many coins away... >.> catching Lots of coins just.. not the right ones /sigh@Luck
Gradiago, October 2009:
Did the drop chance change for gold coins? Or does the chance for gold coins increase once you have collected all the silver and copper ones? Last night I got the achievement in 15 min, I was missing 2 coins. Two other people got the achievement during that time. I was catching 3 or 4 gold coins every 2 minutes, this never happened before. I was used to have the "lucky" buff up only part of the time fishing there, now I was catching more gold coins than I could use!