This page summarises how to catch Golden Darter.
About Golden Darter
- Value (uncooked): Vendor: 8c
Catching Golden Darter
- Notes: School of Darter are only found in parts of Terokkar Forest accessible without a flying mount. All areas with Highland Mixed School require a flying mount or (Druid) flight ability to reach. There are no pools in Silmyr Lake.
- Commentary: Until Patch 2.4, there was no efficient way to catch Golden Darter: School of Darter were hard to find, Highland Mixed School were even harder to find, and open water only gave about 22% Darter. Now all the pools in low-lying parts of Terokkar Forest contain Golden Darter (about 80% of School of Darter and 50% of Brackish Mixed School). There are only 17 or 18 possible spawning points, which take about an hour to reappear, so you may not be able to fish these pools continually. Pools in Zangarmarsh may be Brackish, Sporefish, or Steam Pump Flotsam. Due to the way pools appear (see Pool Spawning), you may have to fish all 3 pool types to sustain Darter fishing, however there are many more pool spawning points in Zangarmarsh, so pool fishing can be easily sustained. Parts of Zangarmarsh also have slightly lower fishing skill requirements (305 compared to 355), so are easier to fish by those still learning. Read more detailed analysis of why pool fishing is quicker.
- Achievements: The Limnologist: Catch 42 different freshwater (inland) fish: Albino Cavefish, Barbed Gill Trout, Barrelhead Goby, Blackbelly Mudfish, Bloodfin Catfish, Bonescale Snapper, Crescent-Tail Skullfish, Deviate Fish, Dragonfin Angelfish, Fangtooth Herring, Felblood Snapper, Figluster's Mudfish, Fountain Goldfish, Furious Crawdad, Giant Darkwater Clam, Glacial Salmon, Glassfin Minnow, Golden Darter, Goldenscale Vendorfish, Highland Guppy, Huge Spotted Feltail, Icefin Bluefish, Lavascale Catfish, Mountain Trout, Musselback Sculpin, Nettlefish, Raw Brilliant Smallfish, Raw Bristle Whisker Catfish, Raw Greater Sagefish, Raw Loch Frenzy, Raw Longjaw Mud Snapper, Raw Mithril Head Trout, Raw Nightfin Snapper, Raw Sagefish, Sewer Carp, Sharptooth, Shimmering Minnow, Sickly Looking Fish, Slippery Eel, Spotted Feltail, Striped Lurker and Zangarian Sporefish.
- History: 2.4: Found in new Brackish Mixed School.
|Water||Areas||No-Junk Skill||Catch Rate||Common Catch|
|% of Catch||Sample|
|School of Darter||Inland: Terokkar Forest (Rivers)||1||80%||105||Golden Darter|
|Brackish Mixed School||Inland: Terokkar Forest (Rivers), Zangarmarsh||1||50%||145|
|Open Water||Inland: Terokkar Forest (Rivers)||450||22%||381||Barbed Gill Trout|
|Open Water||Inland: Terokkar Forest (Lakes)||500||22%||381||Barbed Gill Trout|
|Highland Mixed School||Inland: Terokkar Forest (Lakes) (lakes Blackwind, Ere'Noru and Jorune)||1||17%||1060||Furious Crawdad|
- Pools and Schools - Describes how to fish pools such as schools or floating debris, where to find pools, and how to efficiently fish them.
- The Burning Crusade - Fishing changes in the first expansion.
- 2.4 Changes - Patch 2.4's changes to fishing, including daily quests and Isle of Quel'Danas.
There are no comments on this yet. If you would like to comment, start a new topic on the forums: Either use the page's name (Golden Darter) as the topic title, or tag the topic with that name. Comments take a few minutes to appear here.