This page shows where to find Imperial Manta Ray School, and what fish can be caught.
Imperial Manta Ray School Catches
- Water: Coastal: Borean Tundra, Dragonblight, Grizzly Hills, Howling Fjord
- Notes: Each pool contains 3, 4, or 5 catches.
- Commentary: Exceptionally easy to find and fish: Just ride along the coast!
- Achievements: Northrend Angler: Catch a fish in each of the specific pools: Borean Man O' War School, Deep Sea Monsterbelly School, Dragonfin Angelfish School, Fangtooth Herring School, Glacial Salmon School, Glassfin Minnow School, Imperial Manta Ray School, Moonglow Cuttlefish School, Musselback Sculpin School and Nettlefish School.
|Areas||Fish||Catch Rate||Notes||Other Catches|
|% of Catch||Sample|
|Coastal: Borean Tundra, Dragonblight, Grizzly Hills, Howling Fjord||Imperial Manta Ray||90%||1045||-||-|
|Pygmy Suckerfish||65%||Caught alongside another fish (total catch rate will add up to more than 100%)|
- Pools and Schools - Describes how to fish pools such as schools or floating debris, where to find pools, and how to efficiently fish them.
- Wrath of the Lich King - Fishing changes in Wrath of the Lich King, the second expansion to World of Warcraft.
- Achievements - Describes achievements that involve fishing.
Comments about Imperial Manta Ray School
Below are readers' comments about "Imperial Manta Ray School":
Datruck, December 2009:
I fished the derby twice today for the full hour (east and west coast realms).
I never caught a single shark but noticed some strange behavior.
Over the course of the derby, about 4 times, when I went to loot the bobber no loot window appeared. After I clicked the bobber disappeared so I'm sure I clicked it. Also, there was no "No fish are hooked" message so I know I clicked it at the right time.
After the derby was over I fished for a good 2 hours and couldn't reproduce this behavior.
I was wondering if anyone else noticed this during the derby?
I'm hoping these missing loots weren't the shark!
Al, December 2009:
This behavior has been noted in pools which, during non-contest times, are borean man of war pools. It seems to be a bug which was present during the testing phase and which persists. Did you notice if there were other types of pools with this glitch?
Datruck, December 2009:
Yes, I was fishing manta ray pools in howling fjord.
Edit: Also happened several times during the booty bay fishing derby.
Shalura, December 2009:
4 times? I got this a couple dozen times. I also got a lot of catches with just a suckerfish and nothing else. From Imperial Manta Ray and Borean Man 'O War in Borean Tundra.
Kalahdune, February 2009:
Multiple pools form right next to the docks at Moa'ki Harbor.
Pipre, February 2009:
Manta ray pools spawn all throughout Northrend oceans. The problem is that people tend to fish those up and leave the other junk pools (Borean Man o' War) there so you rarely find them.
Blizzard made this same mistake with Terokkar in BC, where junk pools were all you could ever seem to find because people would fish up all the flotsam and sporefish pools. They later changed those pools so they would drop some valuable fish, which alleviated the problem. Hopefully we can expect a solution like this one for Northrend since there seem to be a lot of useless fish swimming around up there.
On a side note I'm hoping they add some kind of special super-cold-water fish to the very North end of Northrend, with a really high fishing requirement. Maybe 600+?