This page summarises how to catch Nettlefish.
- Value (uncooked): Vendor: 8c
- Fish Feast:
- Poached Nettlefish:
- Requires level 70 to eat.
- Restores: Health and mana over 30 seconds.
- Buffs: 30 Critical, 40 Stamina, for 60 minutes.
- Recipe: Cooking trainers outside Pandaria.
- Ingredients: Nettlefish.
- Small Feast:
- Spicy Blue Nettlefish:
- Commentary: The most effective way to catch Nettlefish is to fish Nettlefish School in Sholazar Basin. These pools can be found throughout Sholazar Basin - just follow the rivers!
- Achievements: The Limnologist: Catch 42 different freshwater (inland) fish: Albino Cavefish, Barbed Gill Trout, Barrelhead Goby, Blackbelly Mudfish, Bloodfin Catfish, Bonescale Snapper, Crescent-Tail Skullfish, Deviate Fish, Dragonfin Angelfish, Fangtooth Herring, Felblood Snapper, Figluster's Mudfish, Fountain Goldfish, Furious Crawdad, Giant Darkwater Clam, Glacial Salmon, Glassfin Minnow, Golden Darter, Goldenscale Vendorfish, Highland Guppy, Huge Spotted Feltail, Icefin Bluefish, Lavascale Catfish, Mountain Trout, Musselback Sculpin, Nettlefish, Raw Brilliant Smallfish, Raw Bristle Whisker Catfish, Raw Greater Sagefish, Raw Loch Frenzy, Raw Longjaw Mud Snapper, Raw Mithril Head Trout, Raw Nightfin Snapper, Raw Sagefish, Sewer Carp, Sharptooth, Shimmering Minnow, Sickly Looking Fish, Slippery Eel, Spotted Feltail, Striped Lurker and Zangarian Sporefish.
|Water||Areas||No-Junk Skill||Catch Rate||Common Catch|
|% of Catch||Sample|
|Nettlefish School||Inland: Sholazar Basin||1||90%||1045|
|Open Water||Inland: Wintergrasp||525||32%||371|
|Open Water||Inland and Unnamed Coastal: Sholazar Basin||525||30%||211|
|Open Water||Inland: Ulduar||550||20%||478||Glassfin Minnow|
- Wrath of the Lich King - Fishing changes in Wrath of the Lich King, the second expansion to World of Warcraft.
- 3.1 Changes - Patch 3.1's changes to fishing, including new fishing poles and Wintergrasp.
Comments about Nettlefish
Below are readers' comments about "Nettlefish":
Axolara, December 2008:
I noticed you don't have any information on the Sholazar Coast, and thought I'd contribute some. I fished from 7:40 to 8:14 PM on 12/27/08 in open water at coords 16, 67 on the coast. With 558 skill, I'm pretty sure I didn't lose any. I got a lot of getaways with no lure (483 skill.) As for the catch, with 100 casts:
66 Barrelhead Goby
6 Pygmy Suckerfish (yes, on the coast)
2 Reinforced Crate
2 Crystalized Water
This might be the same as inland fishing, I'm not sure. I would have emailed this straight to El, but I couldn't find contact information. I love the site, please keep it up :D
el, December 2008:
The Sholazar Basin coast contains the same fish as inland water - except for parts called the "North Sea", which has no fish. It's essentially the same pattern as other parts of Northrend: Any coastal region without a specific name contains inland fish.
I'm not sure what the best way to display this is in the Fish Finder. In the Azeroth zones added in The Burning Crusade, I added separate sub-zones for unnamed coastal water. In Northrend there is simply a little * note below the table.