This pages summarises the fish that can be caught in Northern Stranglethorn. There are 2 different areas within this zone - Northern Stranglethorn (Except South Seas) and Northern Stranglethorn (South Seas):
Northern Stranglethorn (Except South Seas)
- Open Water Skill: 150 to fish open water without junk. Pools can be fished effectively with skill 1.
- Notes: A large chasm, called The Sundering, appeared during the Cataclysm, just south of Grom'gol Base Camp. The Sundering contains inland catches, even though it fills with seawater. Greater Sagefish School are found in Lake Nazferiti and the river leading to/from it. Northern Stranglethorn hosts the Stranglethorn Fishing Extravaganza on Sundays from 14:00 to 16:00. During this time 80% of the catch from all pools will be Speckled Tastyfish. For more details, read the Contests chapter.
- Commentary: The sea keeps pouring into The Sundering: It is amazing that the sea hasn't emptied yet!
- Quests: Nat Pagle, Angler Extreme (from Nat Pagle in Dustwallow Marsh) requires a Savage Coast Blue Sailfin. This can be caught from the western coast. The fish can only be caught with this quest. Cannot be caught while in a raid group. For more details read Nat Pagle, Angler Extreme.
- 5.2: Bloodsail Wreckage Pool return to Northern Stranglethorn, replacing Waterlogged Wreckage Pool.
- 5.1: Mixed Ocean School and Waterlogged Wreckage Pool replace coastal pools. Sagefish School replaces Greater Sagefish School inland. School of Tastyfish no longer found during the Stranglethorn Extravaganza Contest.
- 4.0.3: Zone created from the northern part of Stranglethorn Vale and Zul'Gurub. Becomes part of zone group 3 (see Gazetteer), except the South Seas, which are in group 5. Coastal Schooner Wreckage Pool replaces Waterlogged Wreckage.
During the Stranglethorn Extravaganza Contest 80% of the catch from pools will be Speckled Tastyfish, with the remaining 20% of the catch in the proportions shown above. Brownell's Blue Striped Racer, Dezian Queenfish, Keefer's Angelfish and Rockhide Strongfish may (very rarely) be caught from pools during the contest.
Northern Stranglethorn (South Seas)
- Open Water Skill: 300 to fish open water without junk. Pools can be fished effectively with skill 1.
- Notes: Most of the unnamed eastern coastline of Northern Stranglethorn contains the zone's standard inland fish. The southern-most part of the coastline is called the 'South Seas', and contains different catches.
|Water and Area||Fish||Catch Rate||Notes||Other Catches|
|% of Catch||Sample|
|Open Water - Coastal||Raw Spotted Yellowtail||40%||2848||-||-|
|Raw Glossy Mightfish||4-18%||Best catch rate 00:00-06:00|
|Stonescale Eel||6-18%||Best catch rate 00:00-06:00|
|Raw Summer Bass||0-15%||Summer only, Best catch rate 12:00-18:00|
|Winter Squid||0-15%||Winter only, Best catch rate 12:00-18:00|
|Big-mouth Clam||0-12%||Best catch rate 12:00-18:00|
|Raw Rockscale Cod||10%||-|
|40-68 Pound Grouper||<1%||-|
|Ironbound Locked Chest||<1%||-|
- Pools and Schools - Describes how to fish pools such as schools or floating debris, where to find pools, and how to efficiently fish them.
- Contests - Describes Azeroth's fishing contests: What you need to do, what you can win, and how to win.
- Achievements - Describes achievements that involve fishing.
- Cataclysm Old Azeroth Changes - Describes how the Cataclysm changes the waters of Old Azeroth.
There are no comments on this yet. If you would like to comment, start a new topic on the forums: Either use the page's name (Northern Stranglethorn) as the topic title, or tag the topic with that name. Comments take a few minutes to appear here.