This page shows where to find Pool of Blood, and what fish can be caught.
Pool of Blood Catches
- Water: Wherever you Jump: Borean Tundra. May be created in other zones if you are prepared to travel quickly. You must be covered in animal blood. Read on:
- Notes: Kill a beast in Borean Tundra. This will give a 3 minute debuff called "Animal Blood". Now jump into an open area of water. A Pool of Blood will appear, which you fish like any other pool. Each Pool of Blood will remain for 3 minutes.
- Commentary: The pool is only useful with the quest, Blood is Thicker. Without the quest, only Mostly-eaten Bonescale Snapper will be caught.
- Guide: Northrend Daily Fishing Quests - Guide to daily fishing quests that start in Dalaran.
- History: 3.1: First seen.
|Areas||Fish||Catch Rate||Notes||Other Catches|
|% of Catch||Sample|
|Wherever you Jump: Borean Tundra||Mostly-eaten Bonescale Snapper||100%||-||-||-|
|Bloodtooth Frenzy||-||Quest Only, 1-3 items per catch|
- Pools and Schools - Describes how to fish pools such as schools or floating debris, where to find pools, and how to efficiently fish them.
- Northrend Daily Fishing Quests - Guide to daily fishing quests that start in Dalaran.
- 3.1 Changes - Patch 3.1's changes to fishing, including new fishing poles and Wintergrasp.
Comments about Pool of Blood
Below are readers' comments about "Pool of Blood":
Thrunnie, April 2010:
People with more than one fisherman may find this useful when this daily appears.
I send my first char out to do the quest normally. Before coming back kill another mammoth/rhino to get the debuff again. Once back in Dal, go to a quiet spot in the Underbelly (under the inn, maybe) and jump in the water. This creates a pool. Log in with second character, get the quest, fish that pool in Dalaran and turn quest in without having to fly to Borean Tundra.
It requires some timing - neither the debuff nor the pool last that long. I tend to pick up the quests first, position the second character and then log straight in and fish after creating the pool.
My apologies if this has already been posted elsewhere - I did a search and couldn't find anything.
Grank, April 2010:
For a time I used to gather the fish, kill one more animal, hearth back to Dal and simply jump in the fountain to possibly save another person or two the trip out to the tundra.