This page summarises how to catch Silver Coin.
About Silver Coin
- Each of these silver coins bares the name of the person that had thrown the coin into Dalaran's fountain. Most of these people are famous citizens of Azeroth. Each coin's description reveals what they were thinking at the time. These silver coins are items, and cannot be used as money. However you can sell them to a vendor for considerably more than their face value.
- Specific Catches:
- A Peasant's Silver Coin
- Aegwynn's Silver Coin
- Alleria's Silver Coin
- Antonidas' Silver Coin
- Doan's Silver Coin
- Fandral Staghelm's Silver Coin
- High Tinker Mekkatorque's Silver Coin
- Khadgar's Silver Coin
- King Anasterian Sunstrider's Silver Coin
- King Terenas Menethil's Silver Coin
- King Varian Wrynn's Silver Coin
- Maiev Shadowsong's Silver Coin
- Medivh's Silver Coin
- Muradin Bronzebeard's Silver Coin
- Prince Magni Bronzebeard's Silver Coin
- Value: Vendor: 62c
Catching Silver Coin
- Commentary: If you study the history of Azeroth, you may find the wishes on these coins particularly interesting. Here are a few of my favourite wishes: "How does this fountain even work? I wonder if I could make one." - High Tinker Mekkatorque. "I hope that my father and brothers outlive me. I'll not make much of a king." - Prince Magni Bronzebeard. "Where's Illidan?" - Maiev Shadowsong.
- Guide: Dalaran Fishing - Complete guide to fishing in Dalaran. Including Giant Sewer Rats, Rusty Prison Keys and fountain coins.
- Achievements: Silver in the City: Fish up all the Silver Coins from the Dalaran fountain.
- History: Wrath of the Lich King: First caught.
|Water||Areas||No-Junk Skill||Catch Rate||Common Catch|
|% of Catch||Sample|
|Open Water||Inland: Dalaran (Eventide)||525||8-17% ||817||Fountain Goldfish|
-  Lucky buff increases catch rate
Images and Maps
- Wrath of the Lich King - Fishing changes in Wrath of the Lich King, the second expansion to World of Warcraft.
- Dalaran Fishing - Complete guide to fishing in Dalaran. Including Giant Sewer Rats, Rusty Prison Keys and fountain coins.
- Achievements - Describes achievements that involve fishing.
Comments about Silver Coin
Below are readers' comments about "Silver Coin":
jbhbrook, February 2010:
Just wondering if you have to keep all the coins until you get the achievement or if you can vendor them prior to completion?
Garroch, February 2010:
You can vendor them. Just don't vendor the gold ones! The buff is worth it!
Runne, February 2010:
Nah, sell them all you want. Keep the Gold ones for the buff and use them when it's down. It's a big help in pulling out the higher coins. The Achievement keeps up with them as you get them.
SaltyBlood, February 2010:
Well... Fishing for 3 weeks haha. AND. So many coins away... >.> catching Lots of coins just.. not the right ones /sigh@Luck