This page summarises how to catch Strange Engine Part.
About Strange Engine Part
- "Don't ride in anything with a Capissen 38 engine, they fall right out of the sky." ((A reference to quote from Serenity's engineer, Kaylee. Smallfry is a tribute to Kaylee.))
- Use: Quest: For Alliance, the item starts Strange Engine Part (Quest) - level 55+ required. Simply deliver the Strange Engine Part to K. Lee Smallfry in Telredor for almost 3g.
- Value: Vendor: 1g
Catching Strange Engine Part
- Notes: Only caught by Alliance. Horde catch a similar item, the Broken Engine Part, which does not start a quest.
- Commentary: A very rare catch from Steam Pump Flotsam pools.
- History: 2.3: Strange Engine Part first caught.
|Water||Areas||No-Junk Skill||Catch Rate||Common Catch|
|% of Catch||Sample|
|Steam Pump Flotsam||Inland: Zangarmarsh||1||<1% ||109|
-  Alliance only
- Valuable Fish - Details the most valuable fish, and how to catch them.
- Pools and Schools - Describes how to fish pools such as schools or floating debris, where to find pools, and how to efficiently fish them.
- The Burning Crusade - Fishing changes in the first expansion.
- 2.3 Changes - Patch 2.3's changes to fishing, including the pool Tracking Journal.
Comments about Strange Engine Part
Below are readers' comments about "Strange Engine Part":
Gummo, February 2008:
Can anyone confirm if doing the Strange Engine Part quest more than once for a pre-level 70 grants XP each time? The quest is repeatable (and you can have more than one engine part in your inventory), but I'd like to know if level 55-69 can get XP by catching an engine part more than once...
Stephenn, February 2008:
You should be able to. Each time you right click the engine part you get a repeateble quest. So do one quest, then right click the other engine part and turn it in.It requires level 69 though.
el, February 2008:
The level requirement isn't clear for the Strange Engine Part: The quest is listed on Wowhead as minimum 69, and on Thottbot at 65. My guess is those are just the lowest levels that players running their addons have completed the quest at. Both still show the item with "This Item Begins a Quest - Requires Level 55" (W/T).
flawlless, February 2008:
Yes, You get the experience every time you turn it in. at least twice anyway, then I turned 70..
Gummo, June 2008:
I can now confirm that you can turn this quest in starting at level 55 and you get 12650 XP each time.
el, June 2008:
Wonderful! I now have this vision of little Noor fishing all the way from 55 to 70, which even by my standards, would be insane...