This page summarises how to catch Tiger Gourami.
About Tiger Gourami
- Use (uncooked): Quest: Replenishing the Pantry (repeatable) from Nam Ironpaw at Halfhill Market, may be completed by combining 20 Tiger Gourami with an Empty Tiger Gourami Container (sold by Merchant Cheng).
- Value (uncooked):
- Vendor: 25s
- Auction: 6g
- Sea Mist Rice Noodles:
- Requires level 90 to eat.
- Restores: Health and mana over 20 seconds.
- Buffs: 300 Agility, for 60 minutes.
- Value: Auction: 25g
- Recipe: Trained by Anthea Ironpaw at Halfhill Market. Requires level 85 and Way of the Wok to train.
- Ingredients: Raw Turtle Meat (5), Rice Flour, Scallions (25) and Tiger Gourami (5) (cooks 5 dishes).
- Sea Mist Rice Noodles:
Catching Tiger Gourami
- Commentary: The most efficient way to catch large volumes of Tiger Gourami is to wait for it to be Fish of the Day at Master Snowdrift's Pagoda (Tiger Gourami Slush and Large Pool of Tiger Gourami Slush). Without an active Fish of the Day migration, the fastest way to catch Tiger Gourami is to fish Tiger Gourami School, which are the only pool type found in northern Kun-Lai Summit. The majority of pools are found in lakes around Zouchin Provence, but many require flight to fish effectively. Lower-level anglers can jump down the mountain from easily accessible locations near the Peak of Serenity and Temple of the White Tiger, but such jumps can be.. messy.
- Achievements: Pandarian Angler: Catch each type of fish native to Pandaria: Emperor Salmon, Flying Tiger Gourami, Giant Mantis Shrimp, Golden Carp, Jade Lungfish, Jewel Danio, Krasarang Paddlefish, Mimic Octopus, Redbelly Mandarin, Reef Octopus, Spinefish Alpha and Tiger Gourami.
- History: Mists of Pandaria: First caught.
|Water||Areas||No-Junk Skill||Catch Rate||Common Catch|
|% of Catch||Sample|
|Large Pool of Tiger Gourami Slush||Fish of the Day: Kun-Lai Summit (Inland) (Master Snowdrift's Pagoda)||1||95%||2328||Tiger Gourami|
|Tiger Gourami School||Inland: Kun-Lai Summit (except Coastal), The Veiled Stair||1||95%||2328||Tiger Gourami|
|Tiger Gourami Slush||Fish of the Day: Kun-Lai Summit (Inland) (Master Snowdrift's Pagoda)||1||95%||2328||Tiger Gourami|
|Open Water||Inland: Kun-Lai Summit (Inland), The Veiled Stair||750||18%||1831||Golden Carp|
- Valuable Fish - Details the most valuable fish, and how to catch them.
- Mists of Pandaria Catches - Describes Mists of Pandaria's fish catches, and where to catch them.
- Mists of Pandaria Cooking - Describes Mists of Pandaria's fish-based cooked food, cooking specializations (Ways), and Ironpaw Tokens. Also covers friendship with Nomi.
Comments about Tiger Gourami
Below are readers' comments about "Tiger Gourami":
donquixote235, October 2012:
I recently discovered that intrepid monk anglers can start farming Tiger Gourami as low as level 20.
At lvl 20 they will receive the spell Zen Pilgrimage, which takes them to the Peak of Serenity in Kun Lai Summit. On the peak are two pools of water, which can spawn nodes of Tiger Gourami. There is also a fishing trainer nearby.
It's technically possible to train your fishing skill from 1 to 600 at lvl 20 entirely on Pandaren fishing, without ever leaving the Peak.