This pages summarises the fish that can be caught in Zangarmarsh. There are 2 different areas within this zone - Zangarmarsh (Except Marshlight Lake, Sporewind Lake, and Serpent Lake) and Zangarmarsh (Marshlight Lake, Sporewind Lake, and Serpent Lake):
Zangarmarsh (Except Marshlight Lake, Sporewind Lake, and Serpent Lake)
- Open Water Skill: 400 to fish open water without junk. Pools can be fished effectively with skill 1.
- Notes: Zangarmarsh is divided roughly into two parts, with different skill requirements, but the same catches. Much of the water in Zangarmarsh is too shallow to fish in - try the large lakes. Pools are found throughout the zone.
- Quests: For Alliance anglers, Steam Pump Flotsam pools in Zangarmarsh rarely contain a Strange Engine Part. Each part starts Strange Engine Part (Quest) - level 55+ required. For Alliance, simply deliver the Strange Engine Part to K. Lee Smallfry in Telredor. Horde cannot complete the quest, but can still sell their Broken Engine Part.
- History: 2.4: Brackish Mixed School replace Feltail Schools.
Zangarmarsh (Marshlight Lake, Sporewind Lake, and Serpent Lake)
- Open Water Skill: 450 to fish open water without junk. Pools can be fished effectively with skill 1.
- Notes: Areas close to these lakes, but not actually in the named location, have the same skill requirement as the rest of Zangarmarsh. Only casts that land in the waters of these named locations require the higher skill. Catches are the same throughout Zangarmarsh.
- Pools and Schools - Describes how to fish pools such as schools or floating debris, where to find pools, and how to efficiently fish them.
- The Burning Crusade - Fishing changes in the first expansion.
- 2.3 Changes - Patch 2.3's changes to fishing, including the pool Tracking Journal.
- 2.4 Changes - Patch 2.4's changes to fishing, including daily quests and Isle of Quel'Danas.
- Outland Daily Fishing Quests - Walkthrough for all the level 70 daily fishing quests, with rewards.
Comments about Zangarmarsh
Below are readers' comments about "Zangarmarsh":
Fiamma, May 2008:
On the info page for Zangarmarsh, it states that the skill required to cast is 305... I cast there with 300 base fishing skill, with 95 fishing worth of lures (so 395 fishing) but it can't be the lures enabling me as with this same skill I cannot fish in Terokkar Forest (Requires 355 to cast) Is the page incorrect or is there something I am not taking into account?
Fiamma, May 2008:
Yep, that's right, I'm a nub. Lol, thanks a bunch El, does this mean that with my skill and lures, I can FINALLY cast in Bay of Storms?
zar, December 2012:
I've just (28 Dec 2012) done a round of Serpent Lake on my lvl 85 monk, in order to try and get a few weather-beaten journals.
Thought I'd post my results...
Didn't see any wreckage pools, just lots of fish pools (while flying over)
Had the zone to myself.
got a total of:
3 spotted feltail
1 goldenscale vendorfish :-)
11 curious crates
forgot to count the pools, sorry....
so, crates were actually about 15%, not 5% as listed on the zangermarsh page...
of the 11 crates, 7 contained a journal :)
(I deliberately didn't learn the journal, so I could see how many I got, since I needed a few for alts also)
Also levelled my fishing from 137 to 184 in the process.