As of today, on the PTR:
- At 12:00 Fishbot 5000 and Jang appear in Booty Bay. Fishbot has its old 3 quests for rares. Pools in the Cape and Northern Stranglethorn switch to a roughly equal mix of School of Tastyfish and "Mixed Ocean School". Pools appear 2 hours too early, allowing contest fish to be caught prior to the the contest starting.
- Mixed Ocean School always contains a pair of catches. Their contents are broadly the same as 1 School of Tastyfish combined with 1 average pre-contest pool (broadly the average of a Firefin, Oily Blackmouth and Wreckage pool). Those double catches are quirky, although not explicitly broken.
- There are a few rogue "Waterlogged Wreckage" pools in Northern Stranglethorn which contain double catches (similar to Mixed Ocean School), but are visibly still debris floating in the water.
- Pools are sometimes spawning on top of one another - a bug that used to happen years ago during contests. It is possible to fish from both a School of Tastyfish and a Mixed Ocean School on the same spot at the same time.
- Hard to be sure, but it appears that only School of Tastyfish respawn after 12:00. Mixed Ocean School may not respawn at all after they first appear at 12:00 in the Cape, although I have now seen one respawn in Northern Stranglethorn.
- At 14:00 precisely nothing happens. Riggle Bassbait is still not visible. There is no start yell in Booty Bay. No NPC accepts a winning 40 Tastyfish. Jang continues to act as if there has been no winner (offering no quest).
In summary, the scripting of this event is totally broken, rendering the contest largely dysfunctional.
If someone with US forum access could post that on the US PTR bug forums, please do so.
The change to the Master Angler of Azeroth achievement criteria (now 1st, 2nd or 3rd place in the Booty Bay contest only) cannot be tested. Note that the Kal'uak contest is not currently available.