[Fishing] Baby Coralshell Turtle?

1. Edge <Angler>, 5 years ago:

In the achievement "One That Didn't Get Away" there's a requirement for a Baby Coralshell Turtle. Has anyone seen this one yet? Does anyone know anything about this catch?

Searching for "Coralshell" on sites like Wowhead only returns Coralshell Tortoise and Lurker which are both found in Northern Azshara. I'm guessing you have to fish up the Baby Coralshell Turtle there. Might it be a pet?

2. crimsona <Salty>, 5 years ago:

It could just be a northrend rare drop

3. Edge <Angler>, 5 years ago:

crimsona wrote:

Though, the only place with Coralshell turtles is Azshara. It seems a bit weird in my opinion if a baby turtle would get so far off from it's origin.

4. Micha <Salty>, 5 years ago:

Maybe Coralshells are one of those turtle species that nest on beaches far away. Now I feel kinda guilty. Poor baby turtles already have enough going against them before we fishermen aim to stick them in our bank. :P

5. el <Nat Pagle's Love Child>, 5 years ago:

I've done a lot of fishing in Northrend so far, and not seen it. But if it is really rare, it might take thousands of catches in one particular place or pool type - and I haven't done that yet!

The Giant Sewer Rat was easier to spot, because there were little clues in the water, that made me keep on fishing.

6. Yoco <Salty Investigator>, 5 years ago:

Edge wrote:

In the achievement "One That Didn't Get Away" there's a requirement for a Baby Coralshell Turtle.

Didn't the requirement read to catch any (not all) of those fishes? So it wouldn't matter whether you catch it or not. Still, it may be nice to learn where to find them :)

7. ganome20x6 <Angler>, 5 years ago:

Edge wrote:

crimsona wrote:

Though, the only place with Coralshell turtles is Azshara. It seems a bit weird in my opinion if a baby turtle would get so far off from it's origin.

(first time poster)
    i have taken it apon myself to cautch 100,000 fish off the north coast of azshara or fish untill the location of the turtle is found, my thoughs are that its ether the north of azshara or south of borean tundra

8. Micha <Salty>, 5 years ago:

Part of me is hoping that this is a noncombat pet. It kinda seems like it. Turtles don't exactly die when you pull them out of the water, and we have models and animations for baby turtles already.

9. Touchessky <Angler>, 5 years ago:

Micha wrote:

Part of me is hoping that this is a noncombat pet. It kinda seems like it. Turtles don't exactly die when you pull them out of the water, and we have models and animations for baby turtles already.

I am hoping that it is am off-hand turtle (?). My Hunter is totally about the Turtle. I have had the same Oasis Snapjaw (Name: Ironshell) since level 15 and Speedy since level 10. I also have the Turtle Mount (Name: Larry). So I really would like a turtle I can carry in my hand.
    Touchessky Level 70 Tauren Hunter

10. Cellarhuk <Angler>, 3 years ago:

el, in this post, you mention there are little clues in the water around the Giant Sewer Rat, but I've scoured you Rat page and don't see what you mean by that. Can you elaborate on what clues there are?

11. el <Nat Pagle's Love Child>, 3 years ago:

The clues were Partially Eaten Fish (what's eating the fish?) and Drowned Rat (I wonder if any survived?). Those made me keep fishing in the Underbelly, because I thought there might be something else lurking. I call it "Gnomish intuition" - a pattern apparent to the curious.

You must log in to post.