[Fishing] "Best friend" on my farm a limited time?

1. Averiy <Angler>, 1 year ago:

Has anyone seen any evidence that this is a limited duration event, or must be renewed periodically?

I hit Exalted with Tillers last Thursday, 10/11, and asked Jogu to come live on my farm, and he did. Today when I went to get my prediction from him, he wasn't on my farm, he was back in his pool by the market. (He may have been back there yesterday, too, but in my hurry to get stuff done after maintenance I may have just talked to him and overlooked the location.) Further, he no longer has the chat option to have him come live on my farm, while Gina Mudclaw and Fish Felreed (the farmer in town today) both still give me the opportunity.

Before I hit send I decided to try one of the others. I asked Gina to come live on my farm, and she did so almost immediately. Then I asked Fish to do the same. Fish responded, "My papa always did say to help out a neighbor in need! I've just gotta take care of some stuff here at the market, first. I'll be there soon as I can!" and Gina immediately disappeared from my farm and returned to the market. Fish didn't show up after about 5 minutes, so I went back and checked Jogu, and he had regained the "visit my farm" chat option. I asked him to come back to my farm, and he responded with, "I'll be right there... right after I finish this drink... hic!" It's been 15 minutes, and both Fish and Jogu are still in the market, not on my farm. I think I broke it.

Anyway, my original question: Does this appear to be something that has to be periodically renewed, or was Jogu's returning to the market in my case a bug or glitch?

2. el <Nat Pagle's Love Child>, 1 year ago:

Friends certainly wander off unannounced, but they can also wander back some time later, without a fresh invite. I'd be more concerned if I knew what friends were supposed to do on the farm, other than stand there and offer whatever service they would normally (if any).

3. Averiy <Angler>, 1 year ago:

Update: It was late Wednesday when I wrote that. After daily reset Thursday, Jogu was on my farm, per my request. I just logged in this morning, Saturday, and he has returned to his spot in the market. I'm just gonna leave him there, it's not worth the hassle.

4. Averiy <Angler>, 1 year ago:

And today is Sunday. Jogu is back in my pond today, I did not ask him to return yesterday when I found him in the market. In fact, the option to ask him was not even there yesterday when I talked to him for his prediction. I guess he really does wander about on his own occasionally.

5. Malagor <Angler>, 1 year ago:

If you haven't noticed, the various friends located at the market change every day. If the friend you have staying at your farm has his name come up for that day, he will temporarily leave to provide his dailys at the market, then comes back when it's not longer his turn.

6. Gourgon <Angler>, 1 year ago:

I got exalted yesterday 10/20/12 and became best friends with Tina Mudclaw today. I have the same issue, I asked her to come and help on the farm, but she never showed up. When I go back and talk to her there is no option to ask again. On the bright side after getting the dog 20 T-Bone Steaks, he's still hanging around; says a lot for man's best friend.

7. Gourgon <Angler>, 1 year ago:

10/22/12 - Update.

When I logged in this afternoon Tina Mudclaw was standing next to Farmer Yoon where she has remained all day. She pats around from farmer Yoon into the farm house and back,it looks as if she'll be hanging around the farm.

8. el <Nat Pagle's Love Child>, 1 year ago:

In patch 5.1 Best Friends can no longer be invited to the farm. So perhaps we'll never know what they were supposed to do there.

9. Averiy <Angler>, 1 year ago:

I'm guessing that much like the random boss in Temple of the Jade Serpent, this is one more thing in this expansion that didn't work right, they couldn't immediately figure it out, and they decided it was more cost effective to simply turn it off than to devote programming time to figuring out why it was broken.

10. Corgi <Angler>, 1 year ago:

Can't be invited? Then why was Jogu lounging next to the piggies this morning when I went to harvest before ((work))? I'd swear the questions were still there when you talk to them.

11. el <Nat Pagle's Love Child>, 1 year ago:

It changed back a couple of weeks after I posted that, Corgi. Perhaps it was never intended to be changed, it was just buggy on the PTR... These friends still don't do anything much, however there has been a lot of talk about the Tillers in various recent developer interviews, with a few hints of future expansion, so perhaps friends finally will become more useful.

12. Gourgon <Angler>, 1 year ago:

As of yesterday 12/10/2012 I am now exalted with the tillers on 3 of my toons, and yup they all have their houses and mailboxes :) However; there does seem to be a bug, or sometime bug when trying to invite one of them to help on the farm. The invite question either doesn't show up when you click on them, or they just don't show up at the farm, but as I said; sometimes it works. I have a couple tickets in to Blizzard so we'll see what they have to say about this. (Maybe)

Lately Blizzard’s answer to every glitch has been to delete your cache, wtf and interface folders, trust me when I say to do this only as a last resort, or you will face immense issues with your addons due to loss of your saved variables. I’ve done several articles on this subject and I’ll get one of them posted here on El’s as soon as I can.

Gourgon

13. EIlhan <Salty>, 1 year ago:

As far as I can tell, whoever you invited onto your farm will be on your farm EXCEPT on days when he/she offers a daily quest. On those days he/she will only be visible be at the market, to avoid the whole logical problem of having one NPC visible in two places at once on your game client (Which would be possible considering the short distance).

I've had Joqu the drunk on my farm for weeks, and he has only wandered away to the market when offering daily quests. He always comes back, even after the latest patch.

-Eilhan

14. Gourgon <Angler>, 1 year ago:

Ah, makes sense and I never thought of that :)

Tags/keywords:

You must log in to post.