[Fishing] Bloated/Weighted Fish : questions!

1. Enarka <Salty Fishing Lady>, 3 years ago:

I'm on a spree to collect all of the Bloated/Weighted fish, and I had a few questions

Do these exist, really ?

Bloated Oily Blackmouth
    Bloated Mightfish
    Bloated Rockscale Cod

And if they do, where on Earth are they caught ?

2. Marlburo <Extremely Salty>, 3 years ago:

no such things as the fish you mentioned, however bloated fish do exist and they are VERY rare. bloated catfish, bloated giant sunfish, and bloated mud snapper I have caught myself....as for the remaining 4: bloated redgill, bloated salmon, bloated smallfish, and bloated trout I have yet to catch. I'm hoping when I make a serious attempt at the weighted salmon and redgill I'll catch the bloated ones as well (thats how I got my current crop of bloated fish). That being said they are very rare, right up there with the top weighted fish so good luck!

3. Marlburo <Extremely Salty>, 3 years ago:

Oh yeah...if you want to know where they are caught go to the "Fish" section of this website all the info is there...thanks el!

4. el <Nat Pagle's Love Child>, 3 years ago:

Enarka: From memory those fish could be caught (pre-Burning Crusade), but I don't think those 3 bloated fish can be caught anymore. The items still exist, because some people collected them before they disappeared from the water. As Marlburo says, all the (non-quest) are very rare, so it is hard to be sure.

5. Enarka <Salty Fishing Lady>, 3 years ago:

Well, so far...

I've caught

Bloated Mud Snapper
    Bloated Redgill
    Bloated Catfish (opened it, trying for another at the moment)

I simply wondered if the other were still around. The Mightfish I've never seen or heard of.

<3

6. Enarka <Salty Fishing Lady>, 3 years ago:

!

I just caught my Bloated Smallfish!

Yarr!

7. Enarka <Salty Fishing Lady>, 3 years ago:

5500 casts in Sun Rock Retreat. Heaps and heaps of fish, 17-22 Pounds Catfish.

No Bloated nor 32-Pound Catfish yet!

I'm not stopping, however. My collection requires them!

Also, two Darkwood Fishing Poles so far, on top of the other two I caught in the past ! Sold two of them for 450G each ._.

8. Enarka <Salty Fishing Lady>, 3 years ago:

Another 1000 fish. Nothing interesting, besides YET ANOTHER Darkwood Fishing Pole and eight weighted, unimportant fish.

9. Enarka <Salty Fishing Lady>, 3 years ago:

26 Pound =( It's ├╝ber rare, but not quite what I'm looking for!

10. Enarka <Salty Fishing Lady>, 3 years ago:

I got my Bloated Catfish!

HELL YEAH !

Now to go for the Trout and the 32 Pounder!

11. el <Nat Pagle's Love Child>, 1 year ago:

Bloated Rockscale Cod is back on the 5.1 PTR, but only as a catch from the contest version of Waterlogged Wreckage pools in the Cape of Stranglethorn (and probably also Northern Stranglethorn). But be warned: Everything about these pools is buggy at the moment - they spawn too early in the day, they yield 2 fish/crates per catch, even their existence during the contest is suspect. But I'll leave the note here, just in case the bloated coastal fish are making a come-back in 5.1.

12. Enarka <Salty Fishing Lady>, 1 year ago:

Hey, El, have you even seen the Wreckages since 5.1? I've not seen any, only a lot of Mixed Ocean Schools!

13. el <Nat Pagle's Love Child>, 1 year ago:

Yes and no: Based on the PTR, when the server initially starts up only Mixed Ocean Schools are generated. Wreckage pools only then appear as a proportion of respawns once other pools are fished. That said, I haven't fished much since 5.1 went live, so maybe something changed?

14. Enarka <Salty Fishing Lady>, 1 year ago:

Never mind! After 48 Mixed Ocean Schools, I got a respawn. It's heck of a low spawn rate now!

But I don't care. I want that Bloated Rockscale Cod!

15. el <Nat Pagle's Love Child>, 1 year ago:

Well, good luck with that... I only ever caught one during testing, and I've no idea if the change went live. Please let us know if you catch it.

16. Enarka <Salty Fishing Lady>, 1 year ago:

Finally scored the Bloated Rockscale Cod =) Took me about 200~ Mixed Ocean Schools to get enough Waterlogged Wreckage to respawn.

/win!

17. el <Nat Pagle's Love Child>, 1 year ago:

Great! Thanks for the confirmation. I wonder if there are now other bloated fish lurking in other pools?

18. Enarka <Salty Fishing Lady>, 1 year ago:

I really don't know; the only two others I still have yet to see are the following two:

http://www.wowhead.com/item=21243/bloated-mightfish
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=21162

The first is said to be "unavailable to players", and the second hasn't been caught, as you mentioned, for years. I'm not sure where I would start to find either of these. I would assume maybe the Bloated Oily Blackmouth could theoretically be found in Mixed Ocean Schools if anywhere, but anecdotal evidence from my 1200~ sample size almost makes me want to say it's not the case right now. It's a very small sample size though, and it's not really worth relying on.

I'll definitely go out to fish other types of wreckage since I have some spare time today, albeit I doubt I'll get anything. You really never know.

19. Marlburo <Extremely Salty>, 1 year ago:

ugh....back to fishing worthless pools....these in theory should drop during the tournament as well?

20. el <Nat Pagle's Love Child>, 1 year ago:

I caught my original (PTR) Bloated Rockscale Cod during the tournament. But the chance will be lower, since 80% of all pool catches become Speckled Tastyfish during the contest.

Reply »

You must log in to post.