[Fishing] Catching the Sea Turtle Mount

1. Lemethe <Angler>, 1 year ago:

Just caught the Sea turtle in Townlong Steppes. I was farming Red Belly Mandarin, kinda of upset about the pools being nerfed. I caught the turtle in a double catch via the Ancient pandarian fishing charm. I opened my page and saw one emperor salmon and something else weird and was like wtf. When i highlighted to see what trash i had caught it was the turtle. So it seems the charm can up your chances of getting the turtle.

2. Noodleguitar <Salty>, 1 year ago:

Interesting. That probably means it increases the chances to get a turtle on a cast by 20% (multiplicative). This is only true if the Turtle would be a single catch by itself without the Ancient Charm.

So if you would have a chance of 0.10% to catch a turtle, with the Charm you'd have a chance of 0.12% to catch it (correct me if I'm wrong).

3. el <Nat Pagle's Love Child>, 1 year ago:

I changed my view to reflect what Lemethe discovered after 5.1, when I finally caught a fish and a crate in the same catch with the Charm active. In beta testing, I'd only ever caught a pair of regular fish. The crate plus fish combination suggested the Charm had a 20% chance to add anything on the pool's loot table. Normally that would include rare catches like the Sea Turtle or the Pagle fish, but those are rather hard to test. Confirmation is great, thanks. The only wildcard is that in the past certain rare or quest catches have been caught alongside a first regular fish (regardless of any charm). So we'd need to hear whether the regular (no Charm) Sea Turtle catch is alone in the loot window before being absolutely sure the Charm adds to the chance.

4. GormanGhaste <Low Sodium>, 1 year ago:

My gut instinct is that the Sea Turtle has always been caught alongside other fish, but as it's been ~3 years since I caught mine, I have no real memory.

http://www.elsanglin.com/forums/topic/turtle-in-how-many-catches-did-you-get-it/page/9#post-6119

Looking back at my post, I listed the Sea Turtle with the Pygmy Suckerfish, rather than the regular catches, which implies to me I noted it as a secondary catch.

5. Noodleguitar <Salty>, 1 year ago:

I found an old screenshot taken after I just caught the Turtle: Screenshot
    As far as Fishing Buddy can be trusted it shows I caught it either alone or along with a Pygmy Suckerfish, like GormanGhaste also probably found.
    Does this mean that the Sea Turtle appears alone in the window (before 'secondary' catches)?

6. Corgi <Angler>, 1 year ago:

FWIW, I caught the Turtle just recently in a Salmon (I think?) pool in the Krasarang Wilds. I probably had the charm active. I can't remember if it accompanied a fish or a crate, though.

7. Fantasma <Salty>, 1 year ago:

Does anyone know if the turtle mount can be caught in the Fish of the Day special fishing pools?

8. el <Nat Pagle's Love Child>, 1 year ago:

Jemi confirmed a Turtle catch from Fish of the Day pools via Twitter.

9. Sethalaen <Angler>, 1 year ago:

Just to double confirm, I caught the Sea Turtle just a few minutes ago while fishing up in Kun-Lai Summit at Tiger Gourami Slush pools.

10. Fantasma <Salty>, 1 year ago:

I'm thrilled to announce that just one week after my question, I actually got my Sea Turtle from a Brew Frenzied Emperor Salmon school! I can also confirm that I got it as the bonus fish from my Ancient Pandaren Fishing Charm. I couldn't be happier to finally get this mount! =D

You must log in to post.