[Fishing] Coralshell Turtle, a mount?

1. C Rage <Salty>, 5 years ago:

El says: For a summary of strategies, see Catching the Sea Turtle Mount. Original post:

In the latest build, according to the data mining at MMO Champion, there is a new mount...

Coralshell Turtle - Summons and dismisses a rideable Coralshell Turtle. This is a very fast mount, both on land and in water.

And it has been reported here, that "The One That Didn't Get Away" has a baby Coralshell Turtle added to it. Could we finally be getting a fishing mount?

2. TheTacoMan <Salty>, 5 years ago:

i will kill someone in cold blood for a turtle mount....

I've wanted one ever since i saw the one from the TCG, and seeing the Kal'ulk ride them around just made me want it more :(

3. Lebeline <Inactive>, 5 years ago:

*takes 3 steps back from TheTacoMan*
    =) I really hope that it is fishing based, I'm just hoping its not like a fishing extravaganza 2.0 because that would suck

4. el <Nat Pagle's Love Child>, 5 years ago:

The achievement lists a Baby Coralshell Turtle, although the mount is intriguing. If I've read the data correctly, the mount increases both land and swim speed by 100%. There's also a Baby Shark icon in the data files, so perhaps that rumored minipet really exists now?

Hard to discover much, because the servers are restarting every few minutes at the moment. However, I did pull some Tangled Fishing Line and Driftwood out of Sholazar Basin. Both are junk, but I don't recall seeing them before.

5. TheTacoMan <Salty>, 5 years ago:

Two things i thought about:

A: The 'Baby Coralshell Turtle' behaves like the oracles egg, after 7 days (or whatever) it grows into a full grown mount

B: The baby Coralshell turtle starts a quest, in which you have to return it to a Kal'ulk village. As a reward, you get a full grown turtle mount

Obviously, no-one is pulling a full sized mount out of the water, so this seems like a clever way to work around it

6. C Rage <Salty>, 5 years ago:

When reading the info, the first thing I thought of was those giant turtles that run the routes between the Tuskarr villages. A baby version of those of those would be about right for a normal mount for us. It is true that it wouldn't make much sense to catch a full sized mount.

After puzzling it out for a bit, I have come up with a few more places to keep an eye on...

A unimplemented achievement reward.

An addition to one of the rep vendors, perhaps Kalu'ak?

Or an addition to the Mysterious Egg.

The more I think on this, the more possible places to look. Right now the servers are still down, so I can't even start poking around.

Edit:

Looking on wotlkwiki, they have a icon listed as "INV_Misc_Fish_Turtle_03.png" on the main page right now. We at least have a icon for now.

7. el <Nat Pagle's Love Child>, 5 years ago:

(I don't wish to dampen your enthusiasm, but I believe INV_Misc_Fish_Turtle_01-3 have been in the data files since last summer. This, for the curious.)

8. TheTacoMan <Salty>, 5 years ago:

As the 'Baby Coralshell Turtle' is included in the one that got away, one would assume that you simply catch it as you would a dark herring. WHERE is the question. If it's related to the Kalu'ak, it could be anywhere in dragonblight, Borean Trunda OR howling fjord. My money is on it being catchable ONLY from the Frozen Sea (what kind of sea turtle lives inland?)

9. wisely <Angler>, 5 years ago:

If I have to take a guess,

I would say the turtle pet will be a rare catch while the mount will be from rep award of the Kalu'ak.

There are quite a few NPC in of the faction are riding on the turtle mounts currently.

OR,

this could be the new rep reward from The Silver Covenant, but I can't think of any relationship between them and this mount.

10. Gummo <The Pacifist>, 5 years ago:

Another note, the turtle mount would be another "equalizer"; right now, DKs can use path of frost to cross water at full mount speed, so having a turtle mount would allow non-DKs to keep up.

11. el <Nat Pagle's Love Child>, 5 years ago:

Official confirmation of, "A new (and very rare) special mount can now be caught from Northrend fishing pools."

12. Oom <Angler>, 5 years ago:

el wrote:

Official confirmation of, "A new (and very rare) special mount can now be caught from Northrend fishing pools."

Yea I just read it!!! I just hope the catch rate isn't something crazy like 1 in 10,000 or 20,000.

Just gives me a whole new reason to skip Teldrassil and farm the Howling Fjord pools after patch for the achievement One That Didn't Get Away and the new mount!!!

13. Gummo <The Pacifist>, 5 years ago:

I hope the "very rare" mount isn't soulbound; since it has a unique (as far as I know) ability to travel on land & water at fast speed, it would sell for quite a lot.

14. Genom <Salty>, 5 years ago:

Oh god. Another reason to spend inordinate amounts of time fishing and cursing.

15. wisely <Angler>, 5 years ago:

Other than the engineer / tailor crafted mount, there is currently no any other mount that is not soubound.

So I would say mostly likely this will be a BOP mount, but still, this is a HUGE buff to fishing and no doubt will bring much more people into this.

16. wisely <Angler>, 5 years ago:

Also,

I believe this mount will be totally unique than the DK or Shaman waterwalk skill,

I believe this mount should be moving INSIDE the water or UNDER the water with fast speed.

and thats a huge difference.

Again, this is a pure guess, I believe the speed may not be as fast as the spedd of a fast ground mount, but I believe the speed inside the water should be at least faster than a glyhed druid.

17. narvil <Salty>, 5 years ago:

wisely wrote:

Also,
    I believe this mount will be totally unique than the DK or Shaman waterwalk skill,
    I believe this mount should be moving INSIDE the water or UNDER the water with fast speed.
    and thats a huge difference.
    Again, this is a pure guess, I believe the speed may not be as fast as the spedd of a fast ground mount, but I believe the speed inside the water should be at least faster than a glyhed druid.

Blue post

Zarhym wrote:

The current iteration of the mount will give a 100% speed increase on land and in water. :)

These changes are taken from the latest version of the PTR notes and are subject to change.

note it says IN water.

18. TheTacoMan <Salty>, 5 years ago:

So its out there, in the PTR currently, who's dedicated enough to try and catch it in the PTR and give us all a first opinion? :P

19. Calibad <Salty>, 5 years ago:

Salty Caliban is on the case.

20. TheTacoMan <Salty>, 5 years ago:

note that it specifically says pools, which is where it differs from the other 'one that didn't get away' fish, that could be caught in open water OR pools

Reply »

You must log in to post.