[Fishing] Countdown Timmer Bugged?

1. Tikicarol <Angler>, 1 year ago:

So tonight I fished the Darkmoon Cave ( my exploits recorded under that forum thread ).
    What I'd like to discuss here though is the countdown counter running out just as the fishing bobber splashes.
    This was happening to me 1 out of every 4 or 5 casts! May have been even more than that.
    176 catches in 80 minutes. That's just under 30 seconds per successful catch.
    I was casting way more than that and the timer would just run down, then "splash" and bobber would disappear.
    I hadn't really noticed this in other parts of the world. Just seemed prevalent tonight.
    Another issue is clicking on boober but no fish. This HAS happened many times throughout Pandaria.
    Are any of you exasperating either of these irksome phenomenon?
    I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts.

2. Noodleguitar <Salty>, 1 year ago:

I'm not sure it's a bug but I have noticed too that catches at the last second of the channel occur fairly often. Wasn't this introduced when they made the total fishing length shorter?

The way I counter it is simply: if the timer is about to run out and you haven't seen a splash yet, just click the bobber about half a second before the cast ends. This way the delay should cause your click on the bobber to take effect when the splash happens. (My latency is about 30-50 ms).
    If you wait until you see the splash at the last moment you often won't catch the fish, due to reaction time and latency.

3. el <Nat Pagle's Love Child>, 1 year ago:

It's now on the known bugs list, so let's hope we see a fix before patch 5.2. As Noodleguitar says, pre-emptive clicking is a viable work-around.

4. Druantis <Extremely Salty>, 1 year ago:

Though irritating as hell, it is my belief this may be working as intended. Considering world and home lag and latency effect the last second bobber disappearing fractions of seconds right before the timer ends makes sense as most of the gold/mat farmers have large farms of low end computers each running multiple accounts and chained to cheap connections.

I think this may be an attempt to at least stymie or even just expose fishing bots (by alerting guardian/warden to the number of casts versus fish/other looted) -- and the timing certainly makes sense considering how much thought and energy the techs have been putting into dealing with the recent lag/latency duping hacks (red gems, rare mounts, etc.) at exactly the same time this fishing bother started surfacing for us. It is also possible that while human reaction speed and attention span will miss clicking the bobber a certain percentage of times, the bots never miss -- which would also expose them.

Even though Blizz may tell us it's a bug, that may also be not to alert the botters until enough information is gathered and the next wave of ban hammers hits. Of course, this is all just based on gaming theory.

What should be fixed is for the Forager's Gloves to also work with fishing, or at least offer a similar set of gloves (say Compliment Fishing Gloves) that reduce the timer on fishing. Though this may seem too OP regarding the contest, it wouldn't be much different than my druid instant flight form giving me an advantage over every other class and their flying mount cast time.

All puns here working as intended.

No tags/keywords yet... add one:

You must log in to post.