[Fishing] Finally Made Exalted with Nat

1. Elfshine <Salty>, 1 year ago:

I know I'm a tad slower than everyone else but I'm first in my guild, so I'm happy.

Today was the day I made it to exalted with Nat.

I'm never speaking to him again!

Yeah, right. That is, until next expac.

I want to give a huge thank you to this site for all the wonderful information you have to get us pointed in the right direction. I've sent many of my guildmates here for their information, too. Yes, they ask me, as the resident expert on things fishing, but I always cite you as my source and recommend that they come visit.

Invaluable resource and I want to extend my thanks to everyone who contributes information, and to you, El, for keeping us all together.

2. PubDartGuy <Salty>, 1 year ago:

Congratulations Elfshine! I'm still buttering up to Nat, and this week I'm really focused on making the most of the Pilgrim's Bounty "Spirit of Sharing" +10% bonus to reputation gains. Combined with the +10% gain from the guild perk "Mr. Popularity" (rank 2, at guild level 12), each rare fish turned in to Nat is earning me +600 reputation with him.

I have a question for everyone - has anyone else noticed that it seems like, the higher your Fishing Skill, the faster those 3 rare fish hop into your Lure Master Tackle Box?

I used to just fish with my "normal" fishing gear, not worrying too much about maximizing my Fishing Skill. But over the past week I've been trying to really maximize that stat, and honestly, it seems like catching those 3 rares goes faster that way!

Here's what I've got:
    600 Zen Master Fishing Skill
    + 40 Arcanite Fishing Pole
    + 15 Sharpened Tuskarr Spear (AoE buff)
    + 5 Enchant Gloves - Angler (on hands)
    + 5 Weather-Beaten Fishing Hat (head)
    + 10 Captain Rumsey's Lager (Food/Drinking buff)
    +150 Heat-Treated Spinning Lure
    -----
    825 Fishing Skill = (600 + 225) / 600

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

3. Marlburo <Extremely Salty>, 1 year ago:

You will find things like this all the time when you fish a lot. You will think any number of certain factors affect drop rates. It's in your mind....trust me I've been there.

Tags/keywords:

You must log in to post.