[General] Fishing Buddy

1. Spellbinder <Angler>, 5 years ago:

Hi all. I dunno i have asked else where but no one seems to be able to help me. I dl'ed the addon Fishing Buddy ( http://wowui.worldofwar.net/?p=mod&m=1095 ) and i dont get the option "Choose your fishing outfit and change into it easily" ( http://wowui.worldofwar.net/uploads/FishingBuddy-Outfit_20061022.jpg ).

First it said Outfit: Not available, so after asking around and not getting any answer i went out and dl'ed Outfitter thinking it is like those mini addons you need Ace or Titan for to work. But i still didnt get it in Fishing Buddy allthough i now can switch but it is a bit ackward and i really would like to have it in Fishing Buddy as it was supposed to.

So if any one know anything about this i would be greatfull.

2. heraklen <Angler>, 5 years ago:

Well , im not sure whats the problem for you but the only way I can get up that outfit screen is by typing /fishingbuddy - i cant get it showing by using any UI settings.

Hope that helps?

3. Spellbinder <Angler>, 5 years ago:

Oh, nice finally at least one answer on all the forums and what not i put this up. I'll be sure to test that out :) thx a bunch. (crosses fingers)

4. Spellbinder <Angler>, 5 years ago:

Ok that didn't help but i fixed it anyway:

So i fixed iteventually! The thing is that on that official link on wowui that says 0.9.4m actually is 0.9.4l. BUT i went to the authors profile page on wowui and there i see "Fishing Buddy EBA v0.9.4m" and when i clicked that link i cam to that files page and heres what it says there:

This is Fishing Buddy and all of the extant plugins packaged as a single download. It includes the following existing addons:

Fishing Buddy
    Outfit Display
    Fish Tracking
    Database Merge
    Plugins

So obviously the first file wasn't m but l and had no Outfit Display. I deleted the old one and outfitter and installed Fishing Buddy EBA v0.9.4m instead and voila it works as intended! I'm a happy puppy!

And the link to the "right" file: http://wowui.worldofwar.net/?p=mod&m=4890

5. Walnut <Angler>, 5 years ago:

I've got a little question here.. I downloaded the latest Fishing Buddy from curse, and it's working splendid (thanks for the referal)!
    Now I've seen in alot of posts you guys post the number of casts you've thrown in order to get a certain fish. I'd like to see that too and seeing how much statistics fishing buddy provides, I think it's kind of funny I can't see how many times I've thrown. Here's a screenshot I took of all the available statistics Fishing Buddy shows me: http://img207.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fishingbuddyvz7.jpg

Can someone tell me how I can enable the option to show the number of casts made? Or link the right plugin? Thanks in advance :)

6. Thander <Salty>, 5 years ago:

Walnut wrote:

I've got a little question here.. I downloaded the latest Fishing Buddy from curse, and it's working splendid (thanks for the referal)!
    Now I've seen in alot of posts you guys post the number of casts you've thrown in order to get a certain fish. I'd like to see that too and seeing how much statistics fishing buddy provides, I think it's kind of funny I can't see how many times I've thrown. Here's a screenshot I took of all the available statistics Fishing Buddy shows me: http://img207.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fishingbuddyvz7.jpg
    Can someone tell me how I can enable the option to show the number of casts made? Or link the right plugin? Thanks in advance :)

There is no option to show it on the little tracker. You can see it by opening the fishing buddy window. If you mouse over the zone names it tells you the total for that zone or subzone. It probably wouldn't be too hard to add if you know how to modify the Lua code.

7. Marlburo <Extremely Salty>, 5 years ago:

As near as I can tell Fishing Buddy has no outfit change. Outfitter is a better program for switching outfits and comes well equipped for fishing, riding, and most other outfits preset.

8. Balazar <Angler>, 5 years ago:

It does, if you download the whole package.

I re-installed with the latest available, and the outfit portion is now working again.

9. Marlene <Angler>, 5 years ago:

Just a quick question...

what does a fishing addon do for you?

(I can't get to the website. I'm at work.) Glad this one isn't blocked!

Thanks.

Marlene

10. Balazar <Angler>, 5 years ago:

Oddly, the outfit changer hasn't been working again for me. However, it doens't matter, as I use item rack - and when I change into my fishing gear in item rack, the effects of Fishing Buddy work fine.

Things it does:
    Keeps tracks of what you caught (and in what zone)
    Allows double-click casting (the main reason I use it)
    Can auto-apply bait if you get a "fish got away" message
    Turns auto loot on only when fishing pole equipped

Those are the main features.

11. Gho123 <Angler>, 4 years ago:

Please help!

I've somehow managed to get my fishing stats too high up on the screen, and now I can't access the tab in order to move the stats to a different place... because the tab is at the top and that part is cut off on the screen. I have the top part cut off and can't even see it.

What can I do? !!

**EDIT: Problem solved, thanks to help from someone in another thread.**

12. Marlburo <Extremely Salty>, 3 years ago:

when did fishing buddy take away the double click to cast??!!! that was my bread and butter!!!

13. Wooly Bay <Angler>, 3 years ago:

Marlburo wrote:

when did fishing buddy take away the double click to cast??!!! that was my bread and butter!!!

I just double checked mine, it is set correctly, Fishing buddy still does not have an add-on addition to the interface tab...but the chat command /FB still gets you there.
    Second tab down on the right, the Fishing pole , make sure Easy Cast is checked: if it is, DE-select it, exit out of the options window...then go right back in and put a check mark back in place...trying to "force" a change may jog it back into a working condition.
    i did have this happen to me a while back, and i agree 110 % pressing a button to fish vice double rick clicking is bothersome now.
    :-)

14. Marlburo <Extremely Salty>, 3 years ago:

ah i didnt see those tabs to the right.....DUH! thanks man!

15. callum123 <Angler>, 3 years ago:

hi u all ok and i am new
    :)

16. Marlburo <Extremely Salty>, 1 year ago:

Hopefully the creator of this awesome add-on still reads the forums. The "Ancient Pandaren Fishing Charm" only procs when I have easy lures clicked. But I don't need/want lures when I'm fishing pools, so I often have easy lures off. This leads to me forgetting to click "Ancient Pandaren Fishing Charm". If there's an easy fix I'd love to see it...

17. Kiingy <Salty>, 1 year ago:

Make a ticket on the addons forge site or post a comment on curse.

http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/fishingbuddy/tickets/
    http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/fishingbuddy

No tags/keywords yet... add one:

You must log in to post.