Hey there El,
I wanted to ask you what gear do you use for fishing?
Becouse i really am bored with fishing in t10 <.<
[Fishing] Fishing Gear
Hey there El,
In practice, there are too many rogues in Azeroth! So battleground gear tends to dominate, plus whatever fishing gear is needed.
I heard El wanted to give me her Boots of the Bay.
Is that true ?
Should add Band of Icy Depths to the list.
Doesn't increase fishing but its nice to have.
I personally use :
- Weather-Beaten Fishing Hat
- Shark's Tooth of Bona Fide Fluid Mobility
- Blue Overalls
- Common White Shirt
- Antique Silver Cufflinks
- Fingerless Gloves (+5 Fishing)
- Azure Silk Belt (+15% Swimming speed)
- Nat Pagle's Extreme Anglin' Boots
- The 5 Ring
- The 2 Ring
- Hook of the Master Angler
- Arcanite Fishing Pole (+5 Fishing)
I have the weather beaten hat which I love. The boots of the bay are really cool too. And I have the angel fishing pole. Not sure the name of it at the moment. The belt and the shark tooth look cool. Where did you pick those up?
It seems to me that most serious anglers I've come across all have their "Fishing sets" But, from what I can tell, the overalls are by far the most popular "Look" that people wear.
I personally go for a much more modern look.
When cataclysm comes out, I may have to change my getup' cause I'm going to race change to a Goblin, but for the time being that's my best.
It appears that with 5.0.4, some of the bonuses no longer stack with the pole.
In my brief testing:
* The pole doesn't stack with the glove enchant
* The boots don't stack with the hat
I have the Weather Beaten hat (+5), a +30 pole with +5 line, a pair of gloves with the glove enchant (+5), and Nat Pagle's Extreme Anglin' Boots (+5).
Prior to 5.0.4, I could wear those together for +50.
Now in 5.0.4, I only get +40.
I was just noticing today that my boot bonus does not seem to stack with my gloves, pole, and hat has anyone else noticed this
I've noticed the same thing with the +skill items not stacking. There is a post on the bug report forums too.
I don't have boots so I can't test them.
I found that the +5 line doesn't stack with the +5 glove enchant, the +2 enchant does though.
I don't know many people with fishing gear so I couldn't do more testing, perhaps more people can test with the gear they have and provide feedback in the forum thread?
I reckon patch 5.0.5 fixed those pesky issues with some of the Fishing Skill bonuses not stackin' together proper... Is anyone out there still havin' troubles? I'm all decked-out and geared-up with a respectable set of fishin' equipment, and my Fishing Skill shows the right total (600 + 150 / 600) , as checked in my Professions/Spellbook.
- Arcanite Fishing Pole (+40)
- Weather-Beaten Fishing Hat (+5)
- fishing lure (+75) from the Weather-Beaten Fishing Hat
- Enchant Gloves - Angler (+5)
- Sharpened Tuskarr Spear (+15 Area of Effect)
- Whilst drinkin' Captain Rumsey's Lager (+10)
- Sportin' my Anglers Tabard because it's awesome!
- Sailin' free on my Anglers Fishing Raft
- Comfortably perched upon my Mushroom Chair
- with one of my favorite companions Magical Crawdad Box
- and flashin' my Ancient Pandaren Fishing Charm because I always like to fish "in the Buff" - be it in pools or open water - just in case anyone's lookin'!
I'm sorry to say that settin' up my Mushroom Chair on that Anglers Fishing Raft is a tricky business - the raft sinks, but amazingly my Portobello floats right on the surface, even in the middle of the ocean! Oh, and that Sharpened Tuskarr Spear sinks too - slips right between the planks - so I just make sure the water's less than 15 yards deep when I'm pickin' a spot. I'm still workin' with my Magical Crawdad too - seems he'd rather swim than sit beside me on the raft, but then I suppose that's in it's nature.
Now that I have Nat's Hat, I use the Pandaren Fishing Pole. I'm willing to sacrifice a little +fishing to use such a pretty fishing pole.
You must log in to post.