[Fishing] Fishing Pole enchants?

1. Bosk <Angler>, 6 years ago:

I want to enchant my fave fishing pole with Fiery for the hell of it, is this possible?

Is it possible to enchant a pole with anything at all?

I tried beastslayer but the chanter said it wouldnt work.

Cheers.

2. Oberweiss <Angler>, 6 years ago:

A fishing pole isn't considered a weapon, so I don't think any weapon enchants will work on it.

Side Note: When you're whacking things with your fishing pole, you actually skill up the unarmed skill.

3. Gummo <The Pacifist>, 6 years ago:

No, you don't skill up unarmed by using a fishing pole. I know, because my pacifist rogue depends on keeping her unarmed skill low (currently 2 at level 39, due to one mistake). She wields a fishing rod just to avoid raising her unarmed skill by accident.

It may have changed; a rogue's kick used to skill up unarmed until just a few patches ago. Also, fishing skill used to figure in to fishing pole damage, but I don't think it does now.

4. Kylkiluut <Angler>, 6 years ago:

On the side issue raised here...

I would think it almost impossible to keep your unarmed at 1, even for a pacifist. Surely you get attacked occasionally, and in some of those case, the mob will disarm you.

Is there a way to prevent yourself from 'automatically' attacking back? At those levels, every attack will raise your unarmed by 1.

5. Oberweiss <Angler>, 6 years ago:

No, you don't skill up unarmed by using a fishing pole. I know, because my pacifist rogue depends on keeping her unarmed skill low (currently 2 at level 39, due to one mistake). She wields a fishing rod just to avoid raising her unarmed skill by accident.

It may have changed; a rogue's kick used to skill up unarmed until just a few patches ago. Also, fishing skill used to figure in to fishing pole damage, but I don't think it does now.

Huh. Yeah, I admit it has been a long time since I've whacked anything with a fishing pole. Maybe it was changed or my memory is foggy.

Good to know.

6. Gummo <The Pacifist>, 6 years ago:

I'm not sure if a fishing pole can be disarmed or not; Noor avoids combat, and simply getting hit won't automatically have her attack. But it can happen if she's trying to e.g. open an item and a mob moves in the way. Just click Noor in my character field and you can see she's level 39 with an unarmed skill of 2 (and daggers of 2, everything else 1). See my blog for more.

7. Auntjemyma <Angler>, 6 years ago:

I wanted to do the same thing. I don't see why we can't. Here is a like to my post about it on the customer service forums.
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=5539956716&sid=1

8. Gummo <The Pacifist>, 6 years ago:

A fishing pole CAN be enchanted, but only by fishing lines & lures. As a programmer, I can see why it could be very difficult to allow fishing poles to also get weapon enchants - those item slots are probably used for fishing line & lures.

Consider that Nat Pagle's Fish Terminator, which is a staff weapon, can get weapon enchants but can't be used for fishing. Hey El, maybe you should add it to the "poles" section with a note that it doesn't function as a fishing pole (though it uses the fishing pole icon).

9. Slavaa <Angler>, 5 years ago:

I'd like to enchant my Nat Pagle's Extreme Angler FC-5000 with Lifestealing, get to know the fish a little ... better.

And I make a point to level my unarmed, just so I can say "I rock at everything!"

No tags/keywords yet... add one:

You must log in to post.