[Fishing] Have the drop rate for the rares for Nat been nerfed?

1. Tjalfe <Salty>, 1 year ago:

Maybe I'm just having the worst kind of luck right now or something has changed.

Normally it takes me around 30 minutes to catch one of the rares for Nat Pagle questing.

Yesterday and today, it's been 1½ - 2 hours each...

I've been fishing in the same 3 spots for 8 consecutive days.

Anyone else seeing this?

2. esmea <Angler>, 1 year ago:

This is exactly what I'm experiencing. =(
    On top of that, has anyone been able to catch a Flying Tiger Gourami at Cattail lake? I'm 500+ catches in and not a sign. Nobody else that's been fishing around me while waiting for the ghost has caught one there, either.

3. Barbro <Salty>, 1 year ago:

I caught 1 Flying Tiger Gourami at Cattail Lake today after ~100 casts (just across the water from the Ghostly Pandaren Fisherman, whom I also had the pleasure to meet today) - so it's definitely catchable there.
    Today I've caught all 3 fishes for Nat, plus another Gourami and Octopus for tomorrow. All at ~100 catches. Did not get another Spinefish in 2-300 casts though, but random is random.

I do sympathise with your misfortune though :(

4. Bloodkite <Angler>, 1 year ago:

1100 casts over 3 days near Angler's Wharf, and I've managed to catch 3 Mimic Octopus, which is about a 0.27% catch rate. Seems to be just bad luck, however, as I am still averaging about 1% for both Flying Tiger Gourami and Spinefish Alpha.

5. Marlburo <Extremely Salty>, 1 year ago:

I caught 4 in that exact spot. Put in 2100 casts however, a lot of those casts (maybe 200ish) went into pools. I haven't seen a lot of difference in the drop rates since day 1, although it does seem some fish come faster than others consistently. I catch all of them everyday, but still don't have a good idea on drop rates. Some days its 50 some days its 300+ (500 is excessive, make sure you're no missing casts).

6. Marlburo <Extremely Salty>, 1 year ago:

Not sure if I just had a lucky day today, but all three fish came REALLY quick. Nothing in the patch notes, so obviously I err on the side of luck for a few more days...

7. Kiingy <Salty>, 1 year ago:

Also experiencing this.

Drop rate seems to be nerfed or RNG has started to hate me more than usual.

8. Marlburo <Extremely Salty>, 1 year ago:

yeah...the last few days have been some of the worst ever....nothing has changed...unless the drop rates got worse

9. Averiy <Angler>, 1 year ago:

People love to throw around the word nerfed. I do not believe the rates have changed. RNG is RNG. My overall rates on Gourami and Octopus remain around 1.5%. My Spinefish rate is around 0.6%, but that's because I had a string of crappy luck with 695 casts between fish #4 and #5, but then I turned around and caught #5 and #6 within 40 casts.

I repeat, RANDOM ROLLS ARE RANDOM. You could get 3 in a row, or you could go 600+ casts.

Edit to add: I just ran up to my spot to pick up my daily Alpha. #7 came on total cast #1036, my 5th cast after landing on the lake, raising my overall catch rate to 0.7%.

10. Tjalfe <Salty>, 1 year ago:

Just turned in my last fish to get to exalted today.

Here are my stats:

Dread Wastes: Rikkitun Village - Totals 1805
    Spinefish Alpha 26 (1.4%)

Th Jade Forest: Fox Grove - Totals 802
    Flying Tiger Gourami 8 (1.0%)
    Reef Octopus 7 (0.9%) <----- Isn't that supposed to be coastal??

Valley of the Four Winds: Cattail Lake (next to Fish Fellreed) - Totals 2371
    Flying Tiger Gourami 17 (0.7%)

Krasarang Wilds: Anglers Wharf - Totals 2572
    Mimic Octopus 24 (0.9%)

Did catch one more Mimic Octopus, but can't find the location.

Also did the Volatile Greenstone Brew
    http://www.wowhead.com/quest=31613

Which gave 385 faction pts iirc

As others have stated, it's probably just down to luck. Mine just took a nosedive..
    Started out with a droprate of about 1.6 - 1.9% and a couple of days after writing the above, it went to .4 - .6 for all 3 fish.

11. Rosini <Angler>, 1 year ago:

I'm actually quite happy with the way Pagle fish have been implemented. I have days when I'll have all three caught within an hour (these days are becoming increasingly rare!) and other days where I'll need to spend 2 hours per fish. This is a great example of art imitating life, since any fisherman will tell you that fishing is completely variable. Sometimes they'll be chomping at the bit to get into your landing net, sometimes you won't catch a thing, regardless of how good your tackle is.

Since the rewards from Nat are only beneficial to people who appreciate fishing in WoW, it's something extra for the 'hardcore' element. Casual fishers will be able to reach exalted with The Anglers through dailies and may want to stop there, people wanting to be amongst the fishing elite will farm Nat's friendship... we know what we're letting ourselves in for.

One happy fisherman right here :)

12. shaostormstout <Angler>, 1 year ago:

I caught Mimic Octopus twice in a row. Talk about extreme luck.

13. PubDartGuy <Salty>, 1 year ago:

I too caught the Mimic Octopus twice in a row, about 2 or 3 days ago. I caught the first one within about 15 minutes of fishing near Nat, turned that in, cast my line in again and *bam* caught another one! Best fishing day ever! Ridin' an RNG high! :)

14. Woims <Angler>, 1 year ago:

I just spent... who knows how long it took... and cast over 400 times for the Mimic Octopus. I didn't get it and gave up... that's just BS

Tags/keywords:

You must log in to post.