[Fishing] Question about Fishing School respawns

1. Aunor <Angler>, 1 year ago:

Are coastal fish school spawns linked to inland school spawns within a zone?

Right now I'm specifically interested in Wetlands.

I was just farming alchemy fish in Wetlands but its now been over 15 minutes since I fished all the coastal schools out and they don't seem to be respawning. I did notice quite a few sagefish schools inland, though. I didn't fish them out because I'm only interested in alchemy fish, but now I'm wondering if I need to clear those to get more coastal schools to spawn.

2. el <Nat Pagle's Love Child>, 1 year ago:

Traditionally coastal and inland sets have been different, at least in those zones I've spent time experimenting with. Unfortunately a change to that would be very hard to spot, and likely not reported, since few anglers fish those pools now.

There has always been some confusion on spawn times. I had a hunch spawns scaled with the amount of player activity in a zone: From instant in a busy zone, through about 10 minutes, to about an hour. For example, I'd tend to find live realms respawning faster than test realms. So one possibility is that the respawn rate you are experiencing is simply too slow.

Note that Cross Realm Zones would have required some changes to spawning, with the (sadly almost inevitable) chance of those changes having an unexpected consequence. I noticed some strange behaviour in Stranglethorn while testing the contest changes. For example, wreckage pools would never spawn when the server was restart, they'd only start spawning after other pools were fished.

Tags/keywords:

You must log in to post.