[Fishing] Salty El

1. el <Nat Pagle's Love Child>, 1 year ago:

I got an overwhelming reaction to this on Twitter, so I'll post it here too.

Image: El at Sri-La Village / Image: Just the Two of Us

Level 90 Angler, "Salty El", is found in Sri-La Village during appearance of Large Swarm of Migrated Reef Octopus, as described in 5.2: El Catching Sea Monsters.

Killing all hostile octopi nearby disconnects the client, making a logic-defying picture of self stood next to self reassuring improbable, at least for now.

I'm, still blushing, but can you tell which one?

2. Yoco <Salty Investigator>, 1 year ago:

Congratulations, well deserved!

3. Astragal <Investigator>, 1 year ago:

Ah! A wonderful touch by Blizzard and so very much deserved.

A just reward for your dedication and generosity in providing the ultimate WoW angling resource over these years.

Congratulations El. It could't of happened to a nicer gnome :)

4. Marlburo <Extremely Salty>, 1 year ago:

sooooooooooooooooooooooooo jealous!!!! we need horde representation!!! But in all seriousness despite all my fishing accomplishments NO ONE has done more to promote fishing than you El, congrats! You deserve it!

5. Enarka <Salty Fishing Lady>, 1 year ago:

Nooo way :D

6. Vincent <Angler>, 1 year ago:

Congratulations! You are my favorite Gnome!

7. Cailleach <Salty>, 1 year ago:

I'm proud of you El! Just like Breanni getting a home in Dalaran, you deserved to be an Angler! Now, if only El would offer dailies and you could earn rep like Nat Pagle, what kind of items would you want to dole out from your NPC likeness? El's fishing net? Toss a net onto a fishing school and catch all of the fish at once? Just something fun to think about, it's totally cool you got a permanent spot in the game!

Congrats El!!

8. el <Nat Pagle's Love Child>, 1 year ago:

El would be handing out guides to fishing, obviously!

Actually, El's inactivity complements the location well:

• Pandaria suits El's increasingly contemplative nature. Not to mention the chance to be a member of the Anglers, WoW's first fishing faction.
    • Sri-La Village is one of those places in WoW with no core game purpose, but is there anyway, filling a gap in the landscape.
    • El can't always be found in the village. Sometimes she goes somewhere else.
  9. anglinbrewmeister <Angler>, 1 year ago:

Too awesome! Well-deserved for sure. Thanks for all the hard work on elsanglin!

10. Basill <Salty Magocrat>, 1 year ago:

Awesome......
    been long due imho...

I have only 1 question

Can the "fake" El be killed? ;)

11. el <Nat Pagle's Love Child>, 1 year ago:

"Fake" El is an Angler, so it would depend on whether that can faction can be set to hostile. I suspect not, because it would block too many quests.

Sri-La Village isn't the only location Salty El may be found. Here's a teaser: Image: Els Fishing in Fields of Niuzao

It appears that "pool invasions" can occur in many specific locations in Pandaria. First one just sees more pools form. But eventually (overnight so far, so hard to be sure) a larger monster pool spawns. These invasions are tracked by a group of Anglers, including Salty El (although the precise NPCs involved changes slightly from location to location), who move from place to place.

More details in due course - this will take a while to fully research.

12. Cailleach <Salty>, 1 year ago:

Fishing guide! Of course! And it should grant anyone who has caught over 15k fish a better chance of catching a Sea Turtle and other rare fish/items/pets! XD

I'd like to see anyone who tries to kill El's NPC get smacked to death by fish clubs (perhaps Rockhide Strongfish)! Then receive the debuff "Smackereled" where you can only speak in some weird fish language and your breath meter is active while out of water, on dry land. That's what you get for messing with El.

13. Al <Salty>, 1 year ago:

Fantastic! ... and well deserved!

14. Trokair <Salty>, 1 year ago:

I've been doing my other WoW hobby (exploration) since 5.2 hit. I was completely oblivious to the 5.2 fishing changes until a couple of days ago.

El, a huge congratulations on Angler status with the in-game representation. You have been the authority on our shared hobby since the beginning. It is grand that they honor you in this fashion. So glad to see it.

The changes with 5.2 look good. I love new uber-rare pets to catch, that always gives you something to think about when you're angling. Ever since Pandaria hit I feel Blizzard has shown that it will continue to pay serious attention to the fishing community. I say hooray to that!

~ Wizard Trokair

15. Balazar <Angler>, 1 year ago:

Hey El, long time no see - and congrats!

You must log in to post.