[Fishing] Sea Turtle in "Cataclysm-Azeroth" pools.

1. Enarka <Salty Fishing Lady>, 3 years ago:

I've had a few people tell me of that, but I didn't really believe so.

However, it would appear it is catchable in Cataclysm schools.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=46109#comments:id=1218011

2. Gruundarf <Angler>, 3 years ago:

Awesome! I really didn't want to fish for it anymore in Northrend.

3. Shinmizu <Salty>, 3 years ago:

Oh, gosh, that's wonderful! That removes the last bit of reason for me to go to Northrend anymore (aside from trying to get all the Argent Tourney mounts).

4. cybele <Angler>, 3 years ago:

I caught the Sea Turtle last night (launching a mass of jealous profanity in guild chat) from the eel pools along the coast of Uldum. I have been fishing Uldum almost exclusively (for the sagefish and to boost the pool count) and I caught it in the number of catches it took to get my skill from 475 to 504.

5. Alaylith <Angler>, 3 years ago:

I got the mount from an albino pool in Deepholm, right with the first cast. :)

With autoloot active I only saw something blue and was like "Oh, you can get blue items from water now, cool" and then - bang - I got the achievement and was just O_O?

6. Rainy <Angler>, 3 years ago:

Got the Sea Turtle 1 week ago or so from a fish pool in Ramkahen , Uldum. Didn't expect it at all.

7. booglerz <Angler>, 3 years ago:

Confirmed again, caught my Turtle in a Highland Guppy school in Twilight Highlands, spent over 20k casts in NR and under 1k in the new zones!

~Salty Booglerz

8. bralei <Angler>, 3 years ago:

2 days ago I got the turtle mount out of twilight highlands, fishing for guppies by the waterfall that is close the the alliance town, in the river. Cords about 40.8, 55.2 give or take.
    I fished and fished for this thing in wrath and no dice so its kind of nice now.

Like others there was all kinds of congratz with a few choice words. I didn't even realize I had gotten it till people in guild said something because I was so intent on not getting ganked and fishing up those guppies..

Happy Fishing.. and good luck to all

Brae

9. Marlburo <Extremely Salty>, 3 years ago:

Was just fishing with a friend in uldum (delta near the lost city of the tol'vir by blackbelly pools so NOT costal), non-pool. He caught a sharptooth AND the turtle......repeat NOT a pool.....crazy.

Edit: 455 skill

10. el <Nat Pagle's Love Child>, 3 years ago:

Sharptooth with the turtle is very interesting, because that's very clearly a non-pool catch.

Added: Also reported from Twilight Highlands coastal open water.

11. Marlburo <Extremely Salty>, 3 years ago:

wouldn't of believed it myself but saw the achievement pop and he was in vent, obviously triple checked the sharptooth info.....add that to his low fishing skill makes it even crazier

12. sak <Angler>, 3 years ago:

Hello,
    i fished a turtle 1 hour ago in Uldum. In a pool in the delta, fishing skill : 273 :)
    I'm a lucky girl ;)

I also fish the Weather-Beaten Journal in Arathi, but i don't have the yellow spot on my minimap...
    Is there something else to do?

edit : just need to deco/reco

13. traconis <Angler>, 3 years ago:

you need to click on the spying glass on the map a click on find fish

14. Wulvendawg <Angler>, 3 years ago:

Confirming here.
    Was simply trying to fish up volatile water back and forth between Dragonmaw Port and Highbank in Twilight Highlands, parked myself on the wrecked horde ship behind and opposite of Dragonmaw.
    510 skill, from Algaefin Rockfish School, completely unexpected.

15. Harbin <Salty>, 3 years ago:

Cool, Im fishing about 300 fish a day so ill just keep at, Glad its confimed in Cataclysm

Harbin

16. Faid <Angler>, 3 years ago:

Has anyone confirmed whether or not it can be caught in Pools of Fire in Hyjal? I wouldn't mind a fiery turtle. :O

17. Lokov <Angler>, 3 years ago:

Confirmed. Zone: Uldum. Sea Turtle fished up in a pool in the delta near Tol'vir.

I was busy helping my guild get the 10,000 fish caught from pools achievement / farming Volatile Water / hanging out.

Very happy. Not sure if this is an increased drop rate now? Maybe they just released a few to be caught in Cata zones or something.

660 [525 + 100 (hook) + 30 (pole) + 5 (line)] skill.

Cheers,
    Lokov

18. restopunx <Angler>, 3 years ago:

I'd like to confirm this, I got this yesterday Jan. 9th 2010. I was in Uldum fishing in a pool of Blackbelly Mudfish near the Dam.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/proudmoore/restopunx/achievement#169:171:a3218

19. Calicia <Salty>, 3 years ago:

Lokov wrote:

Confirmed. Zone: Uldum. Sea Turtle fished up in a pool in the delta near Tol'vir.
    I was busy helping my guild get the 10,000 fish caught from pools achievement / farming Volatile Water / hanging out.
    Very happy. Not sure if this is an increased drop rate now? Maybe they just released a few to be caught in Cata zones or something.
    660 [525 + 100 (hook) + 30 (pole) + 5 (line)] skill.
    Cheers,
    Lokov

X2

I was fishing for eels in Uldum when the turtle dropped for me. Since I already earned my Salty, I had pretty much given up on the turtle.

Very pleasant surprise.

20. FrozenIron <Angler>, 2 years ago:

Total: 183 casts at skill 723 (base 525 + pole 40 + line 3 + lure 150 + hands 5) in Tol'Barad Peninsula; BOTH wreckages and fathom eel pools:
    132 x Fathom Eel
    19 x Azshara's Veil
    16 x Sealed Crate
    15 x Volatile Water
    1 x Sea Turtle

Tags/keywords:

You must log in to post.