Thought I'd start a topic for all those of us who are trying desperately to win the Tournament, so we can commiserate and share tips...
I've been trying to win the Tournament for 5 weeks now. Every Sunday, I mumble an excuse to my girlfriend to become intensely busy for 60 minutes (including prep time.) Each time so far, I've had to stone to BB and then do the "walk of shame" of going back to Grom'gol, taking the Zeppelin to Org, then the Zep to Warsong Hold, then the long Flightpath to Dalaran... Sigh.
Anyway, what's even more frustrating/exciting is that I'm getting REALLY close now. Over the last 3 weeks, I've scored 37, 37 and 38 when the winner was announced. What a pulse-pounding finish...
Last week, I tweaked my strategy a bit:
- Tried to go to the island at the northwest... Found it already taken by 2 people, decided against it.
- As a result, I went to the west coast of STV (I previously fished at the east side.)
- I also decided NOT to fight others for the pools... When someone came by my pool, I finished fishing, fished another one if I had just started, then moved on. This was to avoid having 2 people run together looking for pools.
- I also avoided fishing in someone else's pool.
My 38 doesn't tell the whole story... I was actually very unlucky with my catches, AND fought too long with a pool that was poorly placed... Also, near Grom'gol, I had a LOT more people than down east, and still pulled in 38, which is amazing. I feel that with a little luck, I would have gotten this.
So, my advice:
- Make sure you set your Hearthstone to BB (just in case this wasn't painfully obvious by now.)
- I don't think either the east or west side is better... Both seemed relatively similar.
- DON'T fight for pools. Just move on when someone gets to yours, so you can get the next pool by yourself.
Still, I'm not a winner... yet!