[General] The Tillers, Your Own Farm House

1. Gourgon <Angler>, 1 year ago:

The Man Cave

From the time I started playing WoW back in BC I have thought it would be fun to have a crib my toon could call his own, but that hasn’t been possible until The Mists of Pandaria. Yup if you’re not already aware of it, all you have to do is become exalted with the Tillers at Halfhill in Valley of the Four Winds, and become Best Friends with Tina Mudclaw, she will furnish the farm house behind Farmer Yoon and it becomes you very own crib, man cave, call it what you like, however; for the first time in WoW’s history you have a place to call your own. As I said earlier I have been thinking of this since BC and have thought of a few amenities I would like to have. Tina Mudclaw gave Gourgon (that’s my main toon) a bed to sleep in, a stove he can actually cook up all those recipes on and no longer has to build a fire in the middle of the bank or auction house floor, "you know what I mean". Now that in itself is pretty cool, and a far cry from having nothing, but I wanted more, I wanted all those things in my crib I have dreamed about since BC, so since I have the basic farm house I thought I would go ahead and furnish it myself, with all Gourgon’s own stuff. I started by taking a screenshot of the inside of the farmhouse and went to work in publisher and created Gourgon's own Man Cave. It was a fun project and kept me busy when I got bored playing the game.

I've been having more fun with my desktop, If you’d like to see what Gourgon’s Crib looks like just click on the link below.

http://files1.guildlaunch.net/guild/library/148056/Desktop.png

2. el <Nat Pagle's Love Child>, 1 year ago:

Great stuff. There's a lot of potential in that hut, in spite (or perhaps because) of the fact nobody else can see it. Needless to say, I'm intrigued to know what happens when you log in on that laptop to play yourself...

3. Gourgon <Angler>, 1 year ago:

There are two versions of that image, the one on my desktop, which is also the one on our website – outofmanaonline.com both have the Pandaria loading screen on the laptop. However I thought I would give you a little plug and put your homepage on the one I linked here.:) Love your site and have many articles on our website linked to El's. As far as I'm concerned you have some of the best guides out there.

4. EIlhan <Salty>, 1 year ago:

I wish Blizzard would introduce proper player housing. Back in the day I used to play Anarchy Online, where every character can have a totally unique apartment (More than one apartment per character in fact, after the expansions).

To get an apartment in AO, all you have to do do is walk into one of the hundreds of apartment doorways spread throughout the backyards of the cities, and a a key will spawn in your inventory (Your future entry key) and a unique, PERMANENT instance will be created. You can buy furniture, potted plants, paintings, lights and whatnot to decorate your own apartment. All these housing items can be placed wherever you wanted within the apartment, so your own place can be truly unique. Want a table in the storage closet? Go ahead, just place it there. A fridge in the living room? Sounds stupid, but just put it there. A huge stereo next to the fridge? Feel free!

In addition you can create duplicates of your apartment key to give friends temporary access to the apartment, so everybody can visit (I did more than a few guild meetings that way before they implemented GUILD housing, which I also miss in WoW). And there is no problem if you lose your apartment key either, it can be easily replaced without having to get a GM's help..

I'd like to see the same thing in WoW. I don't mind sharing a front door with lots of other people, as long as the interior it my own :) The farm just isn't the same.

-Eilhan

5. Gourgon <Angler>, 1 year ago:

Player Housing

The same desire; to have the ability for our toons to have their own housing is what prompted me to make that graphic, and believe me, I have personalized many of the buildings throughout Azeroth over the years. There was talk at onetime that Blizzard had planned to put housing in this expansion but due to budget restraints have held it off until the next expansion; let’s see what happens to that one. Regardless, I think they did a tremendous job with Mists, and have to give them kudos for that.

The game is much more relaxed and with the farm has more of a personal feeling, however; people such as you, (me included) have the desire to have their own house to do with what they want. LOTRO as AO, is another game that makes this possible for players, and this is a big issue with many people. So big in fact, that we have lost a number of guildies to LOTRO just for that reason, and many of the players we lost have been in our guild for several years, so they were not just guild members, many of them had become close friends. We lost so many members that it prompted me to create a LOTRO channel in our Ventrilo just so we didn’t lose contact with them. With the loss of so many players in this expansion (sales of Mists was down by over one million on release from the release of Cataclysm) it makes one wonder what their reasons were?

I love my farm, I’m best friends with everyone, and I am now a master cook waiting to take on an apprentice later today; but the farm house is still referred to as Farmer Yoon’s, not mine. And as Eilhan said, if I want to put a table in the storage closet; so be it.

6. Gourgon <Angler>, 1 year ago:

I've been having more fun with my desktop, If you’d like to see what Gourgon’s Crib looks like now just click on the link below. Check out the book on the floor near the ladder. :)

http://files1.guildlaunch.net/guild/library/148056/Desktop.png

Tags/keywords:

You must log in to post.