[Fishing] Ultimate Fishing Macro

1. cactuar <Angler>, 4 years ago:

Here's a pretty nifty macro I cooked up.

When you click it, it will first attempt to equip your fishing gear (Hat and Kalu'ak pole in my case).
    The next click will use your Weather Beaten Fishing Hat to put the +75 lure on your Fishing Pole.
    Any subsequent clicks will simply cast your fishing line as normal (until your fishing lure runs out, then it will refresh it!)

#showtooltip Fishing
    /script UIErrorsFrame:UnregisterEvent("UI_ERROR_MESSAGE");
    /equip Mastercraft Kalu'ak Fishing Pole
    /equip Weather-Beaten Fishing Hat
    /use Weather-Beaten Fishing Hat
    /script UIErrorsFrame:RegisterEvent("UI_ERROR_MESSAGE");
    /use Fishing

Enjoy!!

2. Keirelle <Angler>, 4 years ago:

Thanks mate!

3. Keirelle <Angler>, 4 years ago:

What did I do wrong? Each time I click on it it will make her say "that item is not ready yet". Is there anyway to make that stop? I know it is because essentially the hat is being equipped each time and it doesn't need to reuse the lure each time, but can you make it so it doesn't say so?

4. cactuar <Angler>, 4 years ago:

Actually, the error is not from equipping an already equipped item. That action won't cause an error, it'll just ignore it.

The error message comes from the multiple attempts to use the hat.
    If you're talking about the error text that appears on the screen, that's what the
    /script UIErrorsFrame:UnregisterEvent("UI_ERROR_MESSAGE");
    and the
    /script UIErrorsFrame:RegisterEvent("UI_ERROR_MESSAGE");
    are for.
    They temporarily turn off the error messages during the macro.

The actual speaking from your character can be turned off in the "Sound" menu. Uncheck the "Error Speech" option.

Sorry, I forgot to mention that because I always have it turned off by default.

5. Keirelle <Angler>, 4 years ago:

Yeah that's what I meant, not re equipping but just using it each time. Otherwise I really like the macro, guess I will just turn error messages off then! :)

6. weregamer <Angler>, 4 years ago:

While a macro like this will work, I am much happier since I found an option in the Outfitter addon that I already use. I play a lot of hybrid classes (Druid, Shaman, Paladin) and love this addon to manage my equipment sets. Even though Blizzard has added an equipment manager to the default UI in 3.3, I like the UI for this addon.

Anyway, if you make an outfit called "Fishing", you can not only easily change it as you upgrade your equipment, you can also use the advanced settings to turn on a script that does the following:
    * Unequips your pole (switching back to the weapon you had before you started fishing) when you enter combat, and reequips it after combat
    * Changes your minimap tracking to track fishing pools when you switch to the Fishing outfit, and switches it back to what you had before when you turn off the Fishing outfit.

I've never seen much value in the Fishing-specific addons like Fishing Buddy, since Blizzard outlawed botlike behaviors. But this tweak to Outfitter suits me perfectly.

Outfitter is listed with WoWMatrix, or you can get it from the usual suspects, http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/outfitter.aspx, http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info5467-Outfitter.html, etc.

7. Wooly Bay <Angler>, 4 years ago:

weregamer wrote:

"...I've never seen much value in the Fishing-specific addons like Fishing Buddy, since Blizzard outlawed botlike behaviors..."

I read this and was like...WHAT are they saying here? Fishing Buddy a Bot-Addon? What?
    I asked several of the people I know that know way more about W0W than I do, and they agreed with me, Fishing buddy is no where near a Bot
    I also did a little bit of research and found these supporting threads:

http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=4272418271&sid=1

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=3773327746&sid=1

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=16102301679&sid=1
    Fishing Buddy follows all of these guidelines, and is (as of my last logon) Still useable in game.

Not a Bot.

or a cool macro like the OP put out here for the rest of us, "Thank You cactuar"

8. el <Nat Pagle's Love Child>, 4 years ago:

I think weregamer is referring to the old automatic re-cast after catch, which used to be possible before Blizzard tightened things up. That's going back 3 or 4 years.

9. Schema <Angler>, 4 years ago:

weregamer wrote:

... Outfitter addon ...
    * Unequips your pole (switching back to the weapon you had before you started fishing) when you enter combat, and reequips it after combat

I love Outfitter, but lately I've been having problems with it and Fishing. If I'm in my Fishing outfit and enter combat, my weapons do swap back in -- but if I'm actually fishing and get jumped by some Mob, my fishing pole remains equipped. And it does less damage than my two daggers. :-)

Has anyone else noticed this, and perhaps have a fix?

Aditional: Just read that 3.3 removed the ability for add-ons to equip weapons during combat. So I guess this is just the way it is for now. :-(

10. Shalura <Angler>, 4 years ago:

You know you can just use the built-in equipment manager to make a fishing set, right? Just ignore all the slots except the ones that have your items. This is what I use for a fishing macro:

#showtooltip Fishing
    /equip [nocombat, nomod:alt, noequipped:Fishing Pole] 3 1
    /equip [combat] [mod:alt] 3 1
    /cast [equipped:Fishing Pole, nomod] Fishing
    /use [mod:ctrl] 3 2
    /use [mod:ctrl] 16

Just keep your pole in bag 3 slot 1 and your lures bag 3 slot 2. Macros that switch weapons in combat still work, just a couple days ago I accidently hit my spec switch macro on my paladin in the middle of a combat and the only thing that changed was the weapons.

11. tcomputerchip <Angler>, 3 years ago:

In this macro, I have two sets made in the Equipment Manager, one called Fish and one called Raid.

The script UI line disables errors and console line turns off the warning sounds. I do this because slot "1" is the Weather-Beaten Fishing Hat. Because blizzards has a limit of 255 chars per macro, I chose to /use 1 instead of spelling out the name of the item.

Click the Macro: to Equipt, Use the Fishing Hat, and Cast Fishing
    Right Click: to equipt Raid gear (or PVP gear or default gear of choosing)

If you don't know about the equipment manager, its a great thing :) Read up about it.

#showtooltip Fishing
    /equipset [btn:1] Fish
    /equipset [btn:3] Raid
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Hide()
    /console Sound_EnableSFX 0
    /use [btn:1] 1
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear(); UIErrorsFrame:Show()
    /console Sound_EnableSFX 1
    /cast [btn:1] Fishing

12. Does tcomputerchip's macro work as long as the sets in the EM are set up and w/o any other special adjustments like having your things in specific spots in my bags? I'm not great (yet) with macro-coding, so I don't completely understand what all this macro does.

I have FB installed, but I'm using it less and less. Installed Spartan UI, and the ` key uses a specific spot in the bar, so I just put my pole in that slot on all my toons, and hit that key w/ my left hand and right-click the bobber with my mouse - auto-loot is already turned on in my interface, so it's a rather automated process. The only thing FB does for me now is enhance the sounds (and I'm often listening to music instead anyway) and auto-lure. If this could be adjusted to auto-lure, I could uninstall FB entirely.

The way I have it set up, it doesn't matter if I am on my main (which has the Kalu'ak Fishing Pole,) a new lvl 1 toon, or any of my toons in-between, it's all set the same on my bar.

Now if someone ever made an add-on that auto-added to the mini-map the vendor or trainer for getting the RECIPE for COOKING any particular fish I fish up, THAT I'd add in a HEARTBEAT!! I hate tabbing out to go look it up! Better, one that would *auto-buy* a fish cooking recipe you have the skill for if you VISIT any of those vendors!! I don't always check the vendors, and I HATE having to go *back* to an area just cause I didn't know the vendor had it at the end of their inventory.. Would it be hard to program something that checked your skill and popped up a dialog asking you if you wanted to "buy X recipe"?

13. PoMR <Angler>, 3 years ago:

Here's a fairly simple fishing/lure macro. I didn't bother with an outfit change macro as I use Outfitter and it does a great job. :)

#showtooltip Fishing
    /cast [equipped:Fishing Pole, nomod, button:1] Fishing;[button:2] Weather-Beaten Fishing Hat;[modifier] Glow Worm

Nothing too fancy but it lets me pick between the fishing hat and a gloworm and has the lure/fishing in one macro.

Hope someone finds it useful. :)

14. Fishing Buddy is definitely *not* a bot -- I'm completely against such things. Fishing Buddy plays by all current Blizz add-on rules and just makes it more convenient to fish -- but you still have to do all the "work" yourself. That is, it will cast with a double-click, but you still have to click on the bobber in order to catch anything :-)

15. VGA Disciple <Angler>, 2 years ago:

I've been using a fishing macro that I created sometime ago. However, I have taken my macro, and have taken bits and pieces of other members' macros to improve upon mine.

This is the macro I'm using now, and it works awesome... except one minor issue. Every time you cast, it will make the equip set sound fx... but this is such a minor issue, it doesn't bother me.

#showtooltip Fishing
    /console Sound_EnableSFX 0
    /equipset Fishing
    /use Weather-Beaten Fishing Hat
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear(); UIErrorsFrame:Show()
    /console Sound_EnableSFX 1
    /cast Fishing

Hashshashin - Dwarven Tank Warrior - Shu'halo

16. Osvald <Angler>, 2 years ago:

I use this one

#showtooltip
    /equip [noequipped:Fishing Pole, nomod:alt] 3 21;
    /equip [mod:alt] 3 21;
    /cast [equipped:Fishing Pole, nomodifier:alt, nomod:ctrl] Fishing;
    /use [mod:ctrl] 3 20;
    /use [mod:ctrl] 16;

use: equips your fishing pole or casts if it is equipped.

Alt: Re-equips your weapon and you can add
    /equip [mod:alt] OffHandItemName;
    after the 3rd line (/equip [mod:alt] 3 21;)
    to equip your off hand item

Control: applies a lure

17. Osvald <Angler>, 2 years ago:

I started thinking about using Equipment manager in the macro.
    My gear sets are named "Standard" and "Fishing"

#showtooltip
    /equipset [noequipped:Fishing Pole, nomod:alt] Fishing;
    /equipset [mod:alt] Standard;
    /cast [equipped:Fishing Pole, nomod:alt, nomod:ctrl] Fishing;
    /use [mod:ctrl] Weather-Beaten Fishing Hat;

use: equips the "Fishing" gear set or casts if it is equipped.
    Alt: Re-equips the "Standard" gear set
    Control: Adds the lure from the fishing hat

The only issue is that "#showtooltip" does not show the icon associated to the equipment set.

18. tarouszars <Angler>, 2 years ago:

For those who don't use Fishing buddy I've found this macro to be very useful.

#showtooltip Mortal Strike
    /cast [noequipped:Fishing Poles] Mortal Strike; [equipped:Fishing Poles] Fishing
    /startattack [noequipped:Fishing Poles]]

(Obviously I'm a Warrior. Change your ability based on class)

This lets me cast with 1 click using the same convenient button i use for MS.

19. Nasmire <Angler>, 1 year ago:

I tried this macro, and the "not ready to cast yet" message bugged me, so I found this by mix mach

#showtooltip Fishing
    /use Nat's Hat (whatever lure you got here)
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Show()

This cast normally, and only applies hat lure when the needed. The hat has a 10 minutes cooldown, and 10 minutes lure is why it works I guess. No error message. You just click again to cast after he applies lure. This is cool, cause I don't get to forget anymore :-)

The frame clear and show at the end make sure the error messages will start again on anything else afterwards. This macro on here got me on the right track, but the error message did appear at every cast.

20. Corgi <Angler>, 8 months ago:

Nice thing about old fish in Azeroth, is that they do not stink. Neither do old threads. :cough:

I'm trying to use something very simple:
    /use Anglers Fishing Raft
    /use Ancient Pandaren Fishing Charm
    /use Nat's Hat

...however, the hat refuses to cooperate with the other two items. What am I missing, please?

You must log in to post.