Ya, a large bag for fish, lures, outfit, and pole would be nice. A new rod or two (epic of course). And last but certainly not least.... A reputation that can only be gained by fishing and turning in catches. Make it Nat's Anglers or even El's :) I wouldn't want the rewards from the rep to be anything other than fishing related so we can keep the fishing to the little cult following that it has. It would be horrible if it caused everyone and their alts to learn fishing and crowd up all of our favorite fishing holes.
[Fishing] What you would like to see for fishing in WOTLK
My main request was to have the title "Master Angler" but good ol Blizzard already went ahead and threw that in there for us. "Grand Master Angler" would take it a step further if you had both Extravaganza trinkets and would be completely cool IMO.
1. Casting accuracy based on skill. Doesn't have to be pinpoint precision, but maybe a smaller "potential landing area" based on skill.
2. Ability to enchant a rod. C'mon, who doesn't want a fiery fishing pole!? :-)
3. Varying times/locales for the fishing extravaganza. If that means having it outside of Ratchet/Barrens or at Menthil Harbor from time to time, so be it.
4. Varying lures based on locale (inland/coastal) or fish attempting to catch. If this is made, then the secondary skill to make these lures would be interesting.
5. More "interesting" effects from eating certain fish, much like eating Savory Deviate Delight.
Most have been covered, but here goes:
1) Increased chance to get the cast into a pool if a pool is present if your skill is high.
2) A rod that doubles as a weapon (I want to go back to the old days, when I'd run around with my nat pagle rod whacking murlocs around... and now with a shaman, I want to WF it :) ).
3) Gems/quests/gear that can be fished out of the sea (Broken sword of heroes redux, but across all the slots, materials and weapon types).
4) More regular running of the STV extravaganza, only once per week, especially now with people at higher levels due to the dailies? Come on Blizz...
5) A new engineering device to help fishing, maybe a trinket [Fish Sonar] or something to that effect. Poor engineers, they really need love.
6) An upgrade of the rod from the STV extravaganza, make it an epic, increase the damage and the stats, and make it able to be used as a weapon (see point 2). To stop twinking, have it so that there are varying levels of it, but it can be upgraded somehow.
7) Another fish weapon, something is sooo cool about running around smacking people with fish.
8) Druids able to fish in aquatic/bear form (They just can't use lures and buffs, for obvious reasons).
1. Bobbers in form of Gems fitting in a gem slot
2. A 'Fishing net' as ranged weapon
3. Add Djakar in SSC
3. Fishing only faction where you can gain rep by turning in special fish
Here's the sort of long questline I'd like to see:
1) first, get reputation with one of the walrus fishing people by turning in stacks of various kinds of fish from all over. You can't just grind 200 of the same fish, you need to get darkshore grouper, deviate fish, shellfish from the traps in Desolace, darkclaw lobster, etc. Even tastyfish!
2) Once you get enough rep, you can buy soulbound recipes. All of these recipes create special bait, and require hard-to-get ingredients, like meat dropped only by rare named mobs, or need to be cooked in odd places, etc.
3) The different kinds of special bait are used to catch new fish for the next higher level of rep turn-ins, and may require fishing at certain times of the day or hard to reach areas. Maybe have these fish also useful in some way once you don't need them for rep.
4) The final level of reputation opens up new items to purchase, like upgrading your arcanite rod, a 24 slot fishing creel, a fishing tabard, and +10 fishing boots with water walking.
You must log in to post.