There are four different "bucket pets". These pets can only be gained by completing the daily quest, Crocolisks in the City.
Giant Sewer Rat
Keen Dalaran anglers will notice that rats keep falling into the water of the Underbelly, and that something is eating the fish. That something is a Giant Sewer Rat! For full details, read Dalaran Fishing.
Mr. Pinchy is a very rare catch from fishing Highland Mixed School, found in Terokkar Forest's elevated lakes. Pinchy will grant the angler three wishes (one every four hours), before dying. There is a chance of gaining a Magical Crawdad pet, a rare minipet pet (illustrated right). For more a detailed guide to catching Mr. Pinchy, see Catching Mr. Pinchy.
The Sea Pony cannot be mounted - not even by a gnome!
A very rare Sea Turtle can be caught from Northrend, Cataclysm-level and Pandaria pools. This turtle can be mounted, and ridden. Over water the Sea Turtle gives a 60% increase in speed. It runs at normal speed on land. For detailed catch strategies, read Catching the Sea Turtle Mount.
- Tiny Carp - Tiny Blue Carp, Tiny Green Carp (illustrated), Tiny Red Carp and Tiny White Carp
- Teaches: Summon Tiny Blue, Green, Red or White Carp minipets/companions. Carp float in bubbles of water.
- Rare catches from open water and pools in Pandaria. Unbound and fully tradeable.
- Full guide to catching »
Typically one of the 4 Tiny Carp is possible to catch from any one pool or area of open water in Pandaria. However there are quirks, which are discussed in the guide to Catching Tiny Carp.
The only Water Strider known to be possible to gain is the Azure Water Strider, which is sold to Exalted Anglers.
- Warcraft Pets - Database of minipets... and there are lots of them, from many different sources.
- Pet Battles - Official introduction to pet battles.
- Quests - Describes quests for anglers.
- Dalaran Fishing - Complete guide to fishing in Dalaran. Including Giant Sewer Rats, Rusty Prison Keys and fountain coins.
- Mists of Pandaria Fishing - Describes general aspects of fishing in Mists of Pandaria, including training, equipment and achievements.
- Also in Valuable Fish: What's Valuable?, Buff Food, Supplies, Valuable Gear, Catching Mr. Pinchy, Catching the Sea Turtle Mount, Catching Tiny Carp, and Other Valuable Fished Items.