Other Fishing Quests
Other quests related to fishing. On this page:
- Azeroth Daily Fishing Quests (Alliance) - Guide to completing the Alliance Azeroth daily fishing quests.
- Azeroth Daily Fishing Quests (Horde) - Guide to completing the Horde Azeroth daily fishing quests.
- Outland Daily Fishing Quests - Walkthrough for all the level 70 daily fishing quests, with rewards.
- Northrend Daily Fishing Quests - Guide to daily fishing quests that start in Dalaran.
- Garrison Fishing - Describes the fishing buildings and activities at your Garrison in Draenor. Looking For Help (Fishing Shack unlock sequence) and Fishing Shack daily quests.
- The Anglers Fishing Quests - Guide to Pandaria's Anglers faction, the quests they offer, and their rewards.
- Nat Pagle's Friendship - Guide to gaining Nat Pagle's friendship.
- Nat Pagle, Angler Extreme - Walkthrough for the fishing quest, Nat Pagle, Angler Extreme, which rewards Nat's Lucky Fishing Pole.
- Catching Lunkers with Nat Pagle - Luring Nat Pagle to Draenor as a follower to help you catch Lunkers.
A Bear of an Appetite
- Requires: Level 72.
- Starts/Ends: Hugh Glass, Redwood Trading Post, eastern Grizzly Hills.
- Reward: 5g 90s.
Catch 6 Northern Salmon using a fishing net. The fish are caught from School of Northern Salmon, which are found along the eastern coast of the Grizzly Hills. You must use the net provided - not a fishing pole.
No Fishing Pole Necessary
- Requires: Level 85.
- Starts/Ends: Ben of the Booming Voice fishing just east of Halfhill, Valley of the Four Winds. An optional quest directs you to Ben, from Sungshin Ironpaw at Halfhill Market.
- Reward: 10 Golden Carp.
Simply catch and deliver 5 Golden Carp, and Ben will give you 10. What a generous chap! Golden Carp can be caught from any area of open water in Pandaria, including the water Ben stands next to. At least half of the catch will be Golden Carp. The quest is technically easiest to complete at low fishing skill, since excess Golden Carp are caught when your skill is insufficient to fish open water in Pandaria (instead of junk). This means that a new angler, with fishing skill 1, is almost guaranteed to catch a Golden Carp with every cast.
Order of the Cloud Serpent
- Requires: Level 90. Daily.
- Starts/Ends: Jenova Longeye at The Arboretum in The Jade Forest.
- Reward: Order of the Cloud Serpent reputation (various rewards).
Fish Finder: Sugar Minnow
Rather Be Fishin'
- Requires: Level 62.
- Starts/Ends: Seth, northern side of the Lower City, Shattrath.
- Reward: Seth's Graphite Fishing Pole (+20 fishing skill, requires 200 fishing skill to use).
Requires 8 Pristine Shimmerscale Eels. These cannot be caught by fishing. Instead they must be recovered from the corpses of Shimmerscale Eels in Silmyr Lake.
Wowhead: Rather Be Fishin'
Red Snapper - Very Tasty!
- Requires: Level 4. Alliance only.
- Starts/Ends: Diktynna, near Ammen Ford in Azuremyst Isle.
- Reward: Fishing Pole and Shiny Bauble.
Snapjaws, Lad!/Snapjaws, Mon!
- Requires: Level 29.
- Starts/Ends: Alliance: Dron Blastbrew, in Stormfeather Outpost, The Hinterlands. Horde: Katoom the Angler, on the pier in Revantusk Village, The Hinterlands.
- Reward: Nat Pagle's Extreme Angler FC-5000 (+20 fishing skill, requires 100 fishing skill to use).
Kill Saltwater Snapjaws, which can be found wandering along the coast of the Hinterlands. The Horde quest requires 10 Saltwater Snapjaw kills. The Alliance quest requires 8 Snapjaw Gizzards, which can be looted from Saltwater Snapjaws.
Before the Cataclysm this quest was only available to the Horde.
Spoilin' for Salty Sea Dogs
- Requires: Fishing skill 75. No known minimum level. Darkmoon Faire week only.
- Starts/Ends: Stamp Thunderhorn, found at a stall in the eastern center of the Faire, on Darkmoon Island.
- Reward: +5 fishing skill, Darkmoon Game Token and 3 Darkmoon Prize Ticket.
The quest is only available during the Darkmoon Faire, which starts on the first Sunday of each month. The quest is not daily, but is expected to be repeatable each month.
Strange Engine Part
- Requires: Level 55. Repeatable. Alliance only.
- Starts: Strange Engine Part, caught rarely from Steam Pump Flotsam pools in Zangarmarsh.
- Ends: K. Lee Smallfry in Telredor, Zangarmarsh.
- Reward: 2g 20s.
Simply deliver the part to K. Lee Smallfry. The item can be gained by Horde, by only Alliance can complete the quest.
Stranglethorn Fishing Extravaganza Quests
- Requires: Level 5 (to train fishing). Sunday 14:00.
- Ends: Riggle Bassbait and helpers, in Booty Bay, The Cape of Stranglethorn.
- Reward: Various, including Arcanite Fishing Pole, Hook of the Master Angler, Boots of the Bay, Dread Pirate Ring, Nat Pagle's Extreme Anglin' Boots, High Test Eternium Fishing Line, and Lucky Fishing Hat.
For a detailed guide, read Stranglethorn Extravaganza Contest.
A Taste for Grouper
- Requires: Level 8. Alliance only.
- Starts/Ends: Johnathan Staats, on the beach at Lor'danel, Darkshore.
- Reward: Staats' Fishing Pole (+3 fishing skill).
Catch 4 Darkshore Grouper from any coastal open water in Darkshore. Darkshore Grouper may be caught without the quest and can be traded - so it is possible for another angler to catch these fish for you. A Taste for Grouper is available once you have completed the first 2 quests in the zone, The Last Wave of Survivors and Threat from the Water.
The Way to His Heart
- Requires: Level 69.
- Starts/Ends: Anuniaq, in the Tuskarr village of Kamagua, western Howling Fjord. You must complete the Scalawag Isle quests first.
- Reward: 4g 70s, and 500 Kalu'ak reputation. Once completed, this quest becomes a "daily quest": It can be repeated each day.
Gather at least 5 Tasty Reef Fish, which can be found in School of Tasty Reef Fish. These pools are in deep water off the south side of the Isle of Spears. School of Tasty Reef Fish are not fished with a pole: Use Anuniaq's Net, provided. Some pools will contain a shark - but you can loot Tasty Reef Fish from the corpses of most sharks too.
Now find a Reef Bull on the northern shore of Scalwag Point island. Throwing a Tasty Reef Fish will make the bull waddle about 10 yards towards you. The aim is to get a Reef Bull to cross the water to the Reef Cows on the southern shore of the Isle of Spears. Throw a fish at the bull, change your position, throw another fish. When the bull reaches the cow, they will "make love". It's a beautiful thing!
The following quests disappeared during the Cataclysm, and are no longer available:
- Ahn'Qiraj War Effort (to open the gates to Ahn'Qiraj) required cooked fish: Stacks of 20 Rainbow Fin Albacore, Spotted Yellowtail, or Baked Salmon.
- The Argent Dawn offered several Craftsman's Writs, including 3 for fish - Lightning Eel, Plated Armorfish, and Stonescale Eel.
- The Family and the Fishing Pole: Gubber Blump used to offer a similar quest to Johnathan Staats' - to catch Darkshore Grouper in exchange for a fishing pole.
- Gaffer Jacks/Electropellers: Wizbang Cranktoggle used to offer 2 fishing quests in Darkshore, to catch Gaffer Jack and Electropeller.
- Nat's Measuring Tape/Gahz'ranka: Pagle's Point in Zul'Gurub no longer exists, and Gahz'ranka can no longer be summoned.
- Selling Fish: Dockmaster Baren in Redridge Mountains used to offer a quest that required Spotted Sunfish.
Also in Quests: Azeroth Daily Fishing Quests (Alliance), Azeroth Daily Fishing Quests (Horde), Outland Daily Fishing Quests, Northrend Daily Fishing Quests, The Anglers Fishing Quests, Nat Pagle's Friendship, and Nat Pagle, Angler Extreme.
There are no comments on this yet. If you would like to comment, start a new topic on the forums: Either use the page's name (Other Fishing Quests) as the topic title, or tag the topic with that name. Comments take a few minutes to appear here.