Stranglethorn Extravaganza Rewards
The rewards from winning the Stranglethorn Fishing Extravaganza, plus the items that can be obtained by catching rare fish. On this page:
"I'll wipe on Kael for months, but don't touch that Arcanite Rod! It's the most sacred piece of my gear, a testament to how dedicated I am to fishing, and how much I love this profession!" - Melanie
The main aim of the contest is to be one of the first three anglers to catch 40 Speckled Tastyfish and deliver them to Riggle Bassbait in Booty Bay. Preferably first, since the first place winner has the widest choice of rewards: Each week, the first place winner has a choice of 5 rewards, the second place winner a choice of 3 prizes, and the third place has no choice.
All three winners on your realm are announced to everyone in Northern Stranglethorn and The Cape of Stranglethorn. All 3 winners earn the achievement "Master Angler of Azeroth", part of gaining the "Salty" title.
The first angler (on your realm) to deliver 40 Speckled Tastyfish to Riggle Bassbait completes the quest "Grand Prize". This angler can choose one prize from:
- Arcanite Fishing Pole
- Hook of the Master Angler
- Boots of the Bay (described under second place)
- Dread Pirate Ring (described under second place)
- High Test Eternium Fishing Line
The top 2 prizes are unique to the 1st place winner:
- Skill bonus: +40
- Minimum fishing skill required: 300
The highest skill-bonus fishing pole available.
- Use: Turns you into a fish giving water breath and increasing your movement speed, but attacking or casting while in this form breaks the effect (does not work out of water, but does work at the water's surface)
Those with the ability to track humanoids continue to see people using the trinket as humans, not as the beast they have become.
The second angler to present 40 Tastyfish to Riggle can choose from 3 prizes:
Both first and second place winners can choose these former-Kalu'ak Fishing Derby rewards:
- Skill bonus: +15
- Minimum fishing skill required: 200
- Use: Whisks you away to the finest drinking establishment in Booty Bay (1 Day Cooldown)
Boots of the Bay are cloth boots that bind to the angler - they cannot be traded or mailed. The +15 bonus makes these the best anglin' footwear available. Boots of the Bay are a stylish dark blue, with light blue trim.
- Binds on Account, Unique-Equipped
- Scales by level 1-80: Bonuses at level 80 are +34 Stamina, +53 Critical Strike, +29 Hit Rating
- Experience gained from killing monsters and completing quests increased by 5%
This ring is an heirloom ((it can be mailed to and used by another character on the same account)). It's also currently the only ring with an experience bonus. It is assumed that this experience bonus stacks with other similar items (such as +10% shoulders).
The third place winner has no choice. First and second place winners can also select this reward:
- Skill bonus: +5
- Minimum fishing skill required: 150
Unlike the other rewards, High Test Eternium Fishing Line is available from other sources that do not require a winning position in the contest.
There is no limit to the number of times an angler may win the contest. For example, the 1st place Grand Prize quest can be claimed each week, if you are able to catch and deliver the 40 fish quick enough. In theory the same angler can even claim first, second and third places on the same Sunday, although this would only be possible without competitors, since each place requires a separate set of 40 Tastyfish.
There are 3 rare fish that can only be caught during the tournament, and only caught from pools in Northern Stranglethorn or The Cape of Stranglethorn during the contest. These fish are not unique - you can catch several. These rare fish can be handed in to Fishbot 5000 (picture) in exchange for a reward. Fishbot 5000 can be found in Booty Bay during the contest, next to Riggle Bassbait. Like winning, handing in rare fish does not gain experience.
|Brownell's Blue Striped Racer||Nat Pagle's Extreme Anglin' Boots||+5 fishing skill, +12 Stamina. Requires level 35. Full details »|
|Dezian Queenfish||High Test Eternium Fishing Line||+5 skill bonus to pole. Full details »|
|Keefer's Angelfish||Lucky Fishing Hat||+5 fishing skill, +15 Stamina. Full details »|
You will get the reward each time you hand in the rare fish: It does not matter how many you have handed in before, or who else may have caught or handed in the fish. Unlike the main contest, there is no competition for rare fish. These rare fish can be stored between events, so you don't need to hand them in immediately. These rare fish bind when picked up, so cannot be traded.
There is one other very rare fish that is expected to be caught from pools during the contest. This should not be delivered to Fishbot 5000 - the fish can be equipped immediately and used as a weapon:
- Acts as a one-handed mace: 46-87 damage, speed 2.50 (26.6 damage per second), +8 Stamina bonus. Requires level 40. Binds when equipped.
- Stranglethorn Extravaganza Contest »
Historically there has been about a 1% chance (1 in 100 catches) of getting a rare fish: Under 0.5% chance of catching any one rare. The Rockhide Strongfish seems to be far less common than the other 3 rare fish - you might never see one. For further information, read this forum discussion.
- Equipment - Gear to help you fish. Poles, clothing, lures, and addons.
- STV Rare fish drop rate? - El's Anglin' forum discussion.
- Also in Activities: Stranglethorn Extravaganza Contest, Stranglethorn Extravaganza Preparation, Stranglethorn Extravaganza Strategy, Dalaran Fishing, Tillers Farming, and Garrison Fishing.
- Activities - Master Angler of Azeroth.
- Azeroth Daily Fishing Quests (Alliance) - Fish or Cut Bait: Darnassus, Fish or Cut Bait: Ironforge, Fish or Cut Bait: Stormwind, and Gone Fishin' (Alliance).
- Azeroth Daily Fishing Quests (Horde) - Fish or Cut Bait: Orgrimmar, Fish or Cut Bait: Thunder Bluff, Fish or Cut Bait: Undercity, and Gone Fishin' (Horde).
- Catching Mr. Pinchy - Mr. Pinchy's Magical Crawdad Box.
- Catching the Sea Turtle Mount - Turtles All the Way Down.
- Cross-Faction Fishing - The Fishing Diplomat, Old Crafty, and Old Ironjaw.
- Dalaran Fishing - The Coin Master, I Smell A Giant Rat, A Penny For Your Thoughts, Silver in the City, and There's Gold In That There Fountain.
- Draenor Angler - Abyssal Gulper Eel Angler, Blackwater Whiptail Angler, Blind Lake Sturgeon Angler, Draenor Angler, Fat Sleeper Angler, Fire Ammonite Angler, Jawless Skulker Angler, and Sea Scorpion Angler.
- Mists of Pandaria Catches - Pandarian Angler.
- Nat Pagle's Friendship - Learning from the Best.
- Northrend Daily Fishing Quests - Chasing Marcia.
- One That Didn't Get Away - One That Didn't Get Away.
- Outland Daily Fishing Quests - Old Man Barlowned.
- Pool Achievements - Fish Don't Leave Footprints, Northrend Angler, The Old Gnome and the Sea, Outland Angler, and The Scavenger.
- Salty - Accomplished Angler.
- The Anglers Fishing Quests - Locking Down the Docks.
- The Limnologist - The Limnologist.
- The Lurker Above - The Lurker Above.
- The Oceanographer - The Oceanographer.
- Warlords of Draenor Catches - Everything Is Awesome!.
There are no comments on this yet. If you would like to comment, start a new topic on the forums: Either use the page's name (Stranglethorn Extravaganza Rewards) as the topic title, or tag the topic with that name. Comments take a few minutes to appear here.